Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - Reply to Topic

Thread: Category Options required for Best Insurer Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
28-12-2008 07:42
Tailendcharley L/V everytime...always the cheapest and the best for me...


28-12-2008 07:28
Gingernutter NFU free business use and good to deal when making a claim.

27-12-2008 17:30
PAT4NEIL I would vote for Safeguard, because there policy seemed more all rounded. We were with Comfort the year before, but had lots of restrictions, it you wanted extra mileage or to leave the motorhome at home it worked out a lot more expensive. They just wasnt interested in negotioating on price and Safeguard worked out more than Ģ100 cheaper.

27-12-2008 10:30
annetony Caravanguard

we were with Saga but changed due to not being insured whilst commuting to and from work, a bit hard not to do when its your only vehicle

27-12-2008 09:40
ramos Lifesure
18-12-2008 19:52
wobby NFU. Cheaper this year than last, no excess, bonus protection and 360 days Europe cover.

18-12-2008 18:51
rowley Caravan Club, way cheaper than anyone else and good cover without excessive excess.
18-12-2008 18:37
zulurita Comfort Insurance.

They were good to deal with on the phone. Also if you take out their home insurance as well you can easily get covered for more than the silly 30 days. We settled for 90 days but could have had longer.

Also you don't have to phone up before you go away. Some policies/companies want you to phone up to let them know when you are going away for longer periods.

By taking their travel insurance as well you get a very good competative rate. So I have the motorhome, house and travel insurance.
18-12-2008 18:25
grumpyman Caravanguard
15-12-2008 12:48
Mrplodd Comfort get my vote.

Much cheaper than any of the rivals (including SAGA) AND they dont have silly restrictions on the amount of time you are away !!

If you insure your house through them as well they DO NOT include the "The house must not be unoccupied for more than 28 days" rule.

When you ring them you get to speak to someone who deals ONLY in MH insurance so they are expert in the field.

Their breakdown cover doesnt have a size/weight restriction either !!

All in all I find them impossible to beat !!
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome