Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - Reply to Topic

Thread: Insurance possibly being cancelled Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
06-07-2019 14:20
Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolRoversfc View Post
Hi Pudsey.
If the moderators here will allow me to publish their name then I will.
Rogerblack.
I didnt know that.
Will have a look online.
Thank you

I doubt the moderators will bother as we have none.
06-07-2019 10:10
BristolRoversfc Returned at last.
After 4 weeks of waiting for V5 ,its finally arrived.
No help from the previous owner holding on to it before they posted it.
Have sent a copy of it to insurance company and they seem happy enough,but I certainly wont be re-newing with them when the time comes
28-06-2019 14:11
BristolRoversfc Ah....
Just had a look at online form and it seems as though as the sellers retained the v5 to send to DVLA,I have to wait a further 2 weeks(6weeks in total)before I can do it myself
28-06-2019 14:06
BristolRoversfc Hi Pudsey.
If the moderators here will allow me to publish their name then I will.
Rogerblack.
I didnt know that.
Will have a look online.
Thank you
28-06-2019 12:02
rogerblack For future reference, when you buy or sell a vehicle these days, you don't need to send the V5C off in the post, it can all be done online:

https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle
28-06-2019 11:46
Pudsey_Bear Can you divulge who this insurance company is so we can all avoid them please.
27-06-2019 17:28
BristolRoversfc Quick update for anyone still watching.
Emailed insurance company last night to cancel and had phone call from them today saying they would extend the waiting period for V5 until August 5th.
Job done....lol
26-06-2019 19:59
BristolRoversfc Took yours and others advice peribro and cancelled the insurance policy this evening.
Will scour the internet in the morning and search for another.
I think as im going to be selling it,I will go for an initial deposit type and pay monthly.
25-06-2019 23:16
peribro I'm sorry to have doubted your true intentions! Also sorry that the van wasn't the one you wanted. I've heard it said that many people don't get the "right" van until their 3rd attempt! Good luck selling it and I admire your honesty in getting the damp sorted out. Maybe you simply cancel the existing insurance policy before they cancel you and you take out another one with another insurer?
25-06-2019 22:34
BristolRoversfc After our 2nd outing we decided it was a little too small for us(especially after owning 3 fixed bed caravans in the past and also s static caravan for 3 years)
I did advertise it on a well known website and had a phone call from a someone on the second day.
The conversation went a little bit like this....
Can I come and see your motorhome please,I run a business where we buy motorhomes across the UK then ship them abroad.
Yes ok.
They turned up(will shorten this conversation)
Well....its a lovely motorhome but you have a damp problem across the rear....under the sink.....under offside front arch......bottom of door frame and ive worked out it will cost £8,400 to correct with a complete new floor and part of the wall......would you acept£*****.
I declined their offer and after they had gone,the only damp I could find wad at the base of the door.
I immediatly took it off website and the workshop I took it to went right through the motorhome looking for all of this so called damp.
All they could find was a 28% reading around the door frame.
They quoted me £650 to fully repair this and also do a full damp report with readings including the gas/ electric tests
ready for the new owners(and mine)peace of mind.
I just could not pass it on in its present condition to ,say a retired couple,on a limited budget and maybe investing their life savings in a motorhome.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome