Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - Reply to Topic

Thread: lapsed travel insurance Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
31-03-2015 19:16
satchel Hello Andy thanks for 4 the reply. This travel/heath insurance, we have our EHIC cards so we have some cover, our current insurers can't help, we have return to the UK to do anything with them, and it seems with any other company.
I don't think I should get someone else to arrange it as all the companys state that the journey must start and in the UK. if we had any problem the policy may become void if arranged by a 3rd party.Also acountting for, the problem that I must personaly contact them to report medical probs.
There must be a company who can arrange insurance without all this palarva
31-03-2015 18:00
Mrplodd Do you mean TRAVEL insurance (health type) or VEHICLE insurance?

Big difference!! If it's vehicle insurance I am sure your current insurers will happily extend cover (for a fee of course)

If it's health cover you can still use the EHIC card ( you do have one don't you?)

Do you have a relative in the UK who make enquiries for you, have you even asked your current health insurers!

Clarification needed!

31-03-2015 16:02
lapsed travel insurance

At presant having a very nice stay in Spain, however I'v overstayed the traval insurance duration of 90 days.
It appears that I cannot extend modify or even obtain an entirly new policy without returning to the UK.
I can't renew online due to medical declarations, also the companies do not like to grant cover if I am using a mobile.
My fault entirly, but it is our first trip through Europ and we didn't expect it to go so well.
Could any one inform me of a company who could cover us for the 4 months until we get back to MOT the van.
All advice would be extremely welcome. Many thanks

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome