Avtex TV - Installation Failed - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 22:06 Thread Starter

Avtex TV - Installation Failed

Can anybody help as our Avtex TV installation keeps failing while we are trying to set up the digital signal. Its too windy to use our satellite dish so have resorted to using the status 530 aerial but we can only get analogue which isn't very good.

I feel if we couldn't get a digital signal it would say no signal but all we get is installation failed. Presume we are doing something wrong any advice please.

Jan

To travel hopefully is sometimes better than to arrive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 22:23

Jan,
I would have at a guess you are in a non Digital area.

Have you checked the area receives Digital?

Search Google for your area.

If not, then you are pointing the Aerial the wrong way.

Good luck

Steve

See

http://www.freeview.co.uk/availability
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 22:29

My Motorhome: 2015 Bailey Approach Autograph 740
Did the TV work at home? Are you pointing the aerial the right way? Remember, the didigital signal is not as forgiving as an analogue signal so you need to be accurate with the direction.
Use the postcode checker at www.digitaluk.co.uk this is the only completely accurate postcode checker. Tick the box that says that you are an aerial installer and it will show you which transmitters are available, the compass beraing and the signal strength. The compass bearing is based on true north, not magnetic.
I am not familiar with the Avtex but most TVs have an option to restore to default or reset to factory. I often find that it is advisable to do this when retuning.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 22:41

Had the same whilst in the Brecons.

Got home and plugged the Avtex TV into the house aerial and then pressed the button on the remote to search. All digital signal were then picked up and tuned in perfectly. Someone did say to me whilst we were away that the area was not covered by any digital signals.

Therefore, I believe when the avtex cannot find 'any' digital signals, either through poor aerial or no-signal it reports this as "Installation Failed"

I must admit, it would have been nice if this circumstance had been covered in the manual.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 22:56 Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I have checked the web sites you have suggested and they say we should be receiving a signal so when the current program we are watching is finished Barrie will check the aerial again, obviously we need to be more accurate.

As you have said Triple7 it would be nice if that was mentioned in the manual.

Jan

To travel hopefully is sometimes better than to arrive.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 22:59

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
'Installation failed' happens to me all the time. My solution is to switch to the analogue channels and tune in to the strongest signal via the auto tune system.
Once i get the best signal switch back to digital and do a complete new installation.

using this method I am getting up to 57 channels right up here in Fife.

AND THERE IS STILL NOTHING WORTH WATCHING!!!!!!!

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 07:59

My Motorhome: 2015 Bailey Approach Autograph 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacerunner
AND THERE IS STILL NOTHING WORTH WATCHING!!!!!!!
Some people want it all...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 17:43

My Motorhome: I drive...
I have a L217DRS model and would like to know if I can connect it directly to an automatic sat dish which is fitted on the roof of our motorhome. If so are you able to tell me how :-
The sat dish gets its power
Which settings should I select on the TV
Many thanks
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 17:53

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley Harris View Post
I have a L217DRS model and would like to know if I can connect it directly to an automatic sat dish which is fitted on the roof of our motorhome. If so are you able to tell me how :-
Many thanks

You may do better starting a new thread rather than resurrecting one from 12 years ago, most of us view that action as likely to indicate advertising which I am sure s not what you are trying to do.

Go to the relevant forum and launch a new thread BUT, it may insist on full membership before that can be done ......... Well worth going if you need help.

The sat dish power goes via the sat dish controller to the dish, as regards settings, the signal s digital and it depends upon how you connect the box to the set as to which input setting you use; typically HDMI is the best option, but check how the set is connected to the box.

I hope that gives you some suggestions anyway. Do make ANY connections with the power turned off.....

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 21-08-2020, 19:59

My Motorhome: Frankia T640 FF2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley Harris View Post
Many thanks
It will depend on the make / type of dish you have, some will only function via their own controller to raise and find the satellite and then select and change channels, whereas others will utilise a feed from the TV to power the LNB and be controlled by the TV remote.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page