Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Freeview & Freesat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/98-freeview-freesat/)
-   -   Help Status 530 (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/98-freeview-freesat/111360-help-status-530-a.html)

larryn 04-06-2013 18:28

Help Status 530

Hi all.
A complete NEWBIE bought a Lunar Roadstar 786 last month a first motorhome its on a 06 plate. However got a massive pack with allbooklets on heating cooker etc etc sadly nothing about the TV antenna followingthe cable it goes into a splitter box that has printed on it STATUS 530, nomatter what i do i cant get a signal on any tv. I have tried tv and seperate digibox also a samsung tv with freeview built in all the time i get no signal.antenna on the roof is a triangular shape with extending arms.
Any help would be appreciated
Cheers
Larryn (newbie and proud of it )

talogon 04-06-2013 18:52

These need to be turned towards the nearest mast, there should be a handle in the cupboard so that you can do it from inside the van. I don't have this type of aerial but some of these can also be raised again from inside.
Hope this helps?
Brian

p-c 04-06-2013 18:56

Hi
It may be that it is not up to the job of digital TV, rather than the old analogue.
p-c

talogon 04-06-2013 18:59

I have just checked on the web and these are made by "vision plus" If you do a search for them you can read the literature.

http://www.visionplus.co.uk/assets/p...NG/530_ENG.pdf

This is the link for installation and usage instructions.

delawaredandy 04-06-2013 19:55

The Status 530 is a good Ariel but you do need to point it towards the right transmitter, unlike at home your house don't move position your MH does, firstly make sure that the box of tricks where the cables come out of is switched on (little switch on top) if you don't already have one get yourself a signal finder plug it inline and then turn the ariel around and sometimes you may have to push it up until you get a strong signal, also you may have to wind the little white handle at the bottom to turn the ariel vertical has some transmitters vary.
Have fun :roll:

bognormike 04-06-2013 20:20

and switch the booster box on (one of 2 slider switches at the base of the unit), otherwise you won;t get a decent signal at the TV.

our routine is 1) switch the box on (red light should show)
2) push up the mast
3) look outside to see where other aerials are pointed
4) swish the aerial round in approx position of others
5) do an autotune.

I normally get a signal on that routine; if not, swish it round a bit to get the best signal & do a re-tune of necessary.

I find this unit is much better than the old "flying saucer", which was as much use as a chocolate teapot :roll:

csmcqueen 04-06-2013 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by bognormike
and switch the booster box on (one of 2 slider switches at the base of the unit), otherwise you won;t get a decent signal at the TV.

our routine is 1) switch the box on (red light should show)
2) push up the mast
3) look outside to see where other aerials are pointed
4) swish the aerial round in approx position of others
5) do an autotune.

I normally get a signal on that routine; if not, swish it round a bit to get the best signal & do a re-tune of necessary.

I find this unit is much better than the old "flying saucer", which was as much use as a chocolate teapot :roll:

Adding to this, there are 2 switches one is a high/low power switch the other is on/off, also on the pole there is normally a red dot near the bottom that displays where the point of the aerial is from inside the van.

There are 2 models of the 530 the long and the short pole versions. up at the roof there is a spinney type clamp and down the pole there is a clamp. Loosen both clamps, push pole up and turn, tighten clamps.

The 2 extending arms are for FM radio reception. What I did was buy a TV signal meter, plug it in and go for the strongest signal on the status before plugging it into the TV.

mike800966 04-06-2013 23:49

Status Aerial

What has been said so far is about right but do unhook the amplifier off the wall, it lifts up and then comes away off the keyhole slots. Check that the cable going to the tv is plugged in to the UHF/TV socket Not the VHF/Radio one. Also I notice that they have now added an attenuator or signal reducer switch. It is marked as Low / High so leave that in high for now.

As people have said , look out at other aerials especially ones on fixed buildings and point yours the same way with the mast pushed right up.

Make sure the tv is set to Digital then do a retune and you should start to see channels being listed. I think the max I ever see is 93 tv + about 30radio.

The tv should have something like an info button on the remote and this should then display signal strength and quality. If you can see this then slowly rotate for best or most consistent quality. You might then need to retune and you should get more channels.

Oh I forgot. The little handle at the bottom of the mast allows the whole outside assembly to tilt so that you can get horiz or vert polarization. Again its a case of copying other properly installed aerials. ( I have known however whole streets to be wrong, all the riggers playing copy the leader!) Fully clockwise is Horizontal. The leaflet is a bit odd because it seems to still be in the analogue age. Digital is a rather different

premiermotorhomes 04-06-2013 23:55

Re: Status Aerial

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike800966
What has been said so far is about right but do unhook the amplifier off the wall, it lifts up and then comes away off the keyhole slots. Check that the cable going to the tv is plugged in to the UHF/TV socket Not the VHF/Radio one. Also I notice that they have now added an attenuator or signal reducer switch. It is marked as Low / High so leave that in high for now.

As people have said , look out at other aerials especially ones on fixed buildings and point yours the same way with the mast pushed right up.

Make sure the tv is set to Digital then do a retune and you should start to see channels being listed. I think the max I ever see is 93 tv + about 30radio.

The tv should have something like an info button on the remote and this should then display signal strength and quality. If you can see this then slowly rotate for best or most consistent quality. You might then need to retune and you should get more channels.

Oh I forgot. The little handle at the bottom of the mast allows the whole outside assembly to tilt so that you can get horiz or vert polarization. Again its a case of copying other properly installed aerials. ( I have known however whole streets to be wrong, all the riggers playing copy the leader!) Fully clockwise is Horizontal. The leaflet is a bit odd because it seems to still be in the analogue age. Digital is a rather different

Good evening Mike,

The two output socket on the 530/540/215 Purple power pack and Orange booster pack are identical, as I have previously queried this with Vision UK, formerly Grade UK.

The later VP model boosters supplied with the 550/560/330 outputs are clearly labelled and are now F connectors. I expect the outputs on these to be different as these units now provide a separate radio output, as the TV outputs are likely to have filters to allow for LTE/4G.

Regards,
Chris

uncleswede 05-06-2013 00:27

Status 530 user guide attached...

Also if you have an android phone, this app (UK aerial alignment) is invaluable for telling you which way to point your aerial. It works everytime for me :-)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mlhbGFsaWduIl0.

I'm sure there must be something similar for other smart phones.

Rgds
CD