New posts per day - Page 34 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

316Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #331 of 340 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 16:14

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
I'm concerned about the attitude Ed's superiors have taken and what it means for us.

We had a VS tech guy, Ed, listening to us and attempting, in helpful ways, to address the issues. He was doing good work and going in the right direction. The approval of the members of this site for what he was doing was obvious. Yet when he went to his superiors for assistance/guidance it seems that they were not wholeheartedly in favour of at least some of his actions despite his having had their interests and those of this site as his motive.

I don't think we know exactly what the managers at VS felt was wrong with what Ed had done but I think we may fairly conclude that they did not approve of all of it, despite it having been done to help revive a flagging site and encourage the remaining members to help make it flourish once again.

I wonder to what extent Ed's helpful activities have been curbed. Will bugs be fixed? Will registration problems be fixed? Is the circular email going to be sent? Will the site eventually become free or will people still be asked to give a penny via a PayPay account? The penny isn't a problem but the PayPal account will be for some. When I paid my penny I wasn't offered the option to check out as a guest, I had to sign in to my account to get it done. Some simply won't open a PayPal account, certainly not to pay a penny.

I'm afraid I can only reach one conclusion which is that for some reason the people at the top of VS would rather have allowed things to continue going in the direction they were going. I don't find that encouraging. I'd like to understand but unless they tell us we'll be left guessing.

I feel sorry for Ed who was doing his very best for us and for VS.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 340 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 16:18 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
We could all P*** off over to Nukes new forum, or Homers, or Owners, it's not like we're short of places to go, If Eds last post is owt to go by VS do definitely not give a crap about us, I vote, we vote, with our feet as it were.
post #333 of 340 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 16:45

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Bye Kev.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

post #334 of 340 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 16:47 Thread Starter

post #335 of 340 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 17:00

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
But I'm not going.

Ray.
erneboy and erneboy like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #336 of 340 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 17:02

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Nor am I.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #337 of 340 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 17:14

My Motorhome: Flogged it.
I just hope Ed hasn't got in any trouble for exceeding his authority but well done to him for listening and trying to do something about it.
post #338 of 340 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 17:24 Thread Starter

post #339 of 340 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 17:47

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,097 Times in 953 Posts
Personal Aire
Well said Alan. I like people Like Ed. Just get on with it and bugger the politics. Its a pity we didnt have him a couple of years ago.

Its good that there are other options but it would seem a shame for it all to have been for nothing at the 11th hour. Lets not give up just yet and see what Ed or his colleagues come back with. They must be able to see that we have had a bit of a boost in members and activity recently surely unless of course the powers that be have indeed lost interest.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #340 of 340 (permalink) Old 20-01-2018, 17:15

My Motorhome: AutoTrail V-Line 635 SE
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Admin View Post
Hey everyone,

I had a meeting today to confirm with everything with the forum.
So far, I escalated the idea of having the pricing removed from the subscription.
My superior escalated the idea but warned me that it will be unlikely for it to be approved.

Also, the expiry date of the lifetime subscription might have to be done manually, as the forum isn't retroactive with just switching the expiry date in the backend of the forum.

Sadly, that is the news I got so far and I know it isn't pretty. I'll do the most I can for you guys but I'm limited in power and authorization.
I may have to manually change everyone's expiry date in my own time.

Best regards,

Ed
I see that my subscription have recently been extended until 2068.

It's probably you that I have to thank for the work behind the scenes Ed, and I do thank you. I only hope you didn't have to do it in your own time.

I'm also grateful to young Barry, who I suspect may have helped. I'm going to have to be more polite to you in future too.

erneboy, erneboy, barryd and 3 others like this.

John

For lust of knowing what should not be known
We take the Golden Road to..........................

Last edited by HurricaneSmith; 20-01-2018 at 17:46.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page