Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Subscriptions Help & News (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/94-subscriptions-help-news/)
-   -   Ability to post by ex subscribers (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/94-subscriptions-help-news/221274-ability-post-ex-subscribers.html)

peribro 30-10-2017 20:40

Ability to post by ex subscribers

It appears from another thread https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/20-...gone-here.html that the member in question is unable to post on MHF because his subscription has expired - seemingly he can thank and like posts though.

My understanding is that a "free" member can post on all threads other than those in the Subs Lounge. Does this therefore mean that a member who has never subscribed has greater site access than a member whose subscription has lapsed?

Penquin 30-10-2017 20:46

AFAIK lapsed members cannot post but can read non-subscribers have the right to post 5 times before they are blocked Kyle (I think) tried to raise that to 100 posts but the system did one of it's many crashes and that option was removed.

That is entirely from my memory whuch has been shown to be suspect at times (but I can't remember when of course....)

Frankly the way VS is treating and ignoring members makes it unlikely that many will bother to try to remain on here...........

The mushroom principle seems to be very active with VS;

"KEEP THEM IN THE DARK AND FEED THEM ON BULL SH1T"

We are still waiting for any/all of the improvements that have been promised since the beginning of LAST year........

erneboy 30-10-2017 20:48

It certainly looks that way Peter. I will report your post and see if that attracts any attention from Admin. Maybe we can get an answer.

erneboy 30-10-2017 20:49

I've reported your post Peter and said the following. "Help needed. Sorry if this doesn't quite fit the criteria for reporting, but an answer to the query raised would be appreciated."

GMJ 30-10-2017 21:10

I just reported it too.

Graham :smile2:

coppo 30-10-2017 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penquin (Post 2740258)
AFAIK lapsed members cannot post but can read non-subscribers have the right to post 5 times before they are blocked Kyle (I think) tried to raise that to 100 posts but the system did one of it's many crashes and that option was removed.

That is entirely from my memory whuch has been shown to be suspect at times (but I can't remember when of course....)

Frankly the way VS is treating and ignoring members makes it unlikely that many will bother to try to remain on here...........

The mushroom principle seems to be very active with VS;

"KEEP THEM IN THE DARK AND FEED THEM ON BULL SH1T"

We are still waiting for any/all of the improvements that have been promised since the beginning of LAST year........

Yes that is my understanding of how it works, non subscribers can post 5 times that's all, not sure they have more power than someone whose subscription has lapsed and they don't renew.VS should give a few lifetime memberships out to the likes of Kev.

patward 30-10-2017 21:39

I'm an ex-subscriber and this is post #6

Patrick

ps just tried no 7 but it seems 6 was my lot

peribro 30-10-2017 21:52

I'm pretty sure that the limit was removed for non-subscribing members but hopefully we'll be informed - certainly if you log on as a non-paying member then you aren't told there's a limit - simply that you can't post in the subs lounge plus various limitations on uploading photos and the such.

barryd 30-10-2017 21:52

Try another one Pat. I have a feeling you will be able to keep posting but a lapsed paid up member cannot. Personally I am not bothered. I advocated it being free for ages but if it is the case its a bit pointless as nobody knows about it. Does it still advertise as only having 5 posts when you sign up?

samtheman 30-10-2017 21:56

Test posting no 1 - it's me by the way - David Davis!!!