Safenights Ireland - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 22:23

My Motorhome: Hobby Optima Premium T70GE
Hi smurfinguk
I joined SafenightsIreland last year but didn't actually use any of their locations as I found as I was going around Ireland especially in the West of Ireland I found plenty of wild camping locations. Some remote and others in villages and towns. Biggest problem sometimes is locating public toilets for emptying cassette and accessing water tap.
I used a Dutch website which has identified a large number of safe locations and has listed the GPS co-ordinates.

http://www.reisverhaleneuropa.nl/cam...d/plaatsen.htm

This will give you the map of Ireland with motorhome symbols and you just magnify the location and hold your cursor over the relevant symbol and it will show the location name and a number. If you click on 'list' at the top of the page it will open a numerical list of locations with the GPS co-ordinates.
Hope this helps
Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 23:03

Just looked up one of the sites we've used on the Dutch site and found a magic camper.

http://goo.gl/maps/e8GU5

Click one step right and watch it appear...............magic
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 23:35

Lived on Ireland for 22 year and never used a campsite.. Find somewhere peacefully and park for the night. We often parked up in the middle of a village for the night no problem at all. As for water there are lots of cemetery's to get water from or just pull up at a farm and ask, no one will bite your head off some will even let you stay for the night. We loved in Sligo on the edge of lough gill beautiful spot and a viewing point to park up on too..

Wobby

You don´t stop laughing because you grow old,

You grow old because you stop laughing!!!

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 28-02-2014, 18:32

Safenights are offering MCC members membership for 2014 at £5, useful for those visiting the National Rally in May/June.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 16:16

We stayed in a site in Mayo called the Hermitage Mediataion Centre. It is outside the village of Drummin, Westport. The guy who owns it says he is registered with Safe Nights Ireland but he didn't mind that we weren't members. This place is stunning, behind Croagh Patrick. It cost us ten euro for the night. Good parking. We were going home the next day or we would have stayed another night.
We have booked in for two nights in August.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page