A new Levelling system - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 23-02-2017, 11:05

Your big issue with marketing a new levelling system is that motorhomers are very sheeplike. They follow the crowd. Most will research the www and go with the brand leader. Im my opinion you can spend fortunes on advertising, but satisfied customers are worth so much more. I dont know what your price is compared to EP but In my opinion you would need to be considerably lower with your system so you can get your name out there and get people talking about them. They may even discuss them on Fun.

Just my opinion
coppo and coppo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 23-02-2017, 11:58 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppo View Post
[I did go on Fun but they kicked me straight off. Ha ha

What for?[/QUOTE]

Because of the company connection. I was only joining the forum for my own good and the companies...
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 23-02-2017, 12:27

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOWtal View Post
Hi Coppo, myself and Will set up both the same accounts on Motorhome Fun to do the same as we're doing here. The feedback benefits us and hopefully our advice can benefit you guys. However Motorhome Fun got a bit cranky because we've used company names as our User Names, it was declared advertising lol. We haven't bothered signing up with alternate names yet.

Phil.
Hi Phil
TBH "Fun" are probably correct to stop you posting promotional material in the forum, if you want to advertise your products then you should pay to do so.
Having said that, to prevent you using your trade identity as a user name is a bit silly. On MHF we prefer traders to use their trade identity, that way members know they're getting advice from a trader, not an independent party.

The forum owners here seem to be reasonably relaxed about posts from traders that inform and educate members (information about new products, safety updates, special offers etc.) and they welcome expert advice to any queries that members may have about your products. However they will not accept blatant promotion or direct sales from traders unless they pay to advertise.

My advice therefore would be to maintain a presence, answer any queries from members and inform us of any product developments without directly promoting your products or offering anything for sale. If you do that you're likely to avoid being banned or having posts removed.
peedee, peedee, cabby and 9 others like this.

MHFadmin is the identity used by the UK based admin staff.

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 23-02-2017, 23:33

My Motorhome: A caravan - sorry
Dare I say it but there's a growing market for a cost effective levelling system for caravans. More of the top end 'vans come with them already fitted but owners of other marques are keen to get something similar to the E&P systems. Ok, E&P do a "basic" Comapct levelling system but any alternative would be welcomed. FWIW, c. £2700 for the full auto system and four legs and c.£1900 for the Compact system.

Might be worth testing the water over on Caravan Talk http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/
TOWtal and TOWtal like this.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 24-02-2017, 12:04

My Motorhome: I drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefordoggy View Post
Dare I say it but there's a growing market for a cost effective levelling system for caravans. More of the top end 'vans come with them already fitted but owners of other marques are keen to get something similar to the E&P systems. Ok, E&P do a "basic" Comapct levelling system but any alternative would be welcomed. FWIW, c. £2700 for the full auto system and four legs and c.£1900 for the Compact system.

Might be worth testing the water over on Caravan Talk http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/
Thanks for that feedback. It's a real coincidence you've posted this as we had this exact conversation with the manufacturer and our largest agent at the NEC on Wednesday. It is something that I think will gather pace, but its for down the line as the product hopefully expands on the market.

Phil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenTop.JPG (44.0 KB, 5 views)

www.towtal.co.uk
The Following User Says Thank You to TOWtal For This Useful Post:
Deefordoggy (24-02-2017)
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 24-02-2017, 16:26

A lower priced air suspension system would certainly be interest to a lot of people, me included.
Im going to take a look at the NEC tomorrow.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 24-02-2017, 16:59

My Motorhome: Flogged it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezport View Post
A lower priced air suspension system would certainly be interest to a lot of people, me included.
Im going to take a look at the NEC tomorrow.

Agree totally, VB air is very expensive.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 07:05

I spoke to Mick from SAP at the NEC and he really knows his stuff, anyone interested in air suspension really should have a chat with him.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 11:49

Ive had Mick form SAP take a look at my van to assess the viability of air suspension.
My concerns were that my gas tank could be in the way.

A lot of people would consider full air suspension an overpriced item. However once Mick explained to me the complexities of fitting a system I have now realized that there is a whole lot more to fitting full air than I originally thought. Other items under the van may need removing, altering and refitting. For instance your water tanks may need modifying. Mick has qualified gas fitters who can do any work altering gas piping and if needs be he has the facility to cut and weld plastic water tanks.
I am waiting for my full quote from Mick and will post any further developments.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 19:20

My Motorhome: Flogged it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezport View Post
Ive had Mick form SAP take a look at my van to assess the viability of air suspension.
My concerns were that my gas tank could be in the way.

A lot of people would consider full air suspension an overpriced item. However once Mick explained to me the complexities of fitting a system I have now realized that there is a whole lot more to fitting full air than I originally thought. Other items under the van may need removing, altering and refitting. For instance your water tanks may need modifying. Mick has qualified gas fitters who can do any work altering gas piping and if needs be he has the facility to cut and weld plastic water tanks.
I am waiting for my full quote from Mick and will post any further developments.

SAP certainly have an excellent reputation.

Are you having a quote for full four corner air, is there something amiss with the ride quality at the minute?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page