Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - MHF Insurance query

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 16:58
Oscarmax

Re: MHF Insurance "warning*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulawayolass
I have just been ringing round for quotes for CB as his insurance is up end of this month. MHF l was interested in until they said they DON'T cover wildcamping they will ONLY cover if it is on a secured registered site.

The person l spoke to will speak to the underwriter on monday and let me know then but a heads up and if anyone had come across MHF or any other insurance.

This came up as they would cover me for work but l had to park at a secured site and not "the side of the road" even if l was sleeping in him. I said what happened if l was off touring and pulled over at a nice place to spend the night and was told they only cover secured sites & l wouldn't be covered.

They did seem to swop the words secured and registered so l assume they mean a cc or cl or equiv. site.
Sounds like you have been talking to a Muppet who does not know what they are doing, if this the case MHF could lose a lot of business, however, if the information is incorrect this level of incompetence could still cause damage the business.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome