Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Can I connect to this?

956 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  erneboy 
#1 ·
I'm getting a rooftop antenna from motorhome WiFi, and I need to draw a 12v connection to run the charger for the mi-fi device. The thing will fit in a locker behind the control panel on my van. Next to it is the controller for the solar power - see pic. The question is, can I connect to the spare terminals on the controller, the ones with a 'light bulb graphic above?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Depends on the amps I think Mike, as Alan says no use after dark so you will need to ensure it isn't trying to take power during the night.

Some stuff on YouTube.

Reactions: bognormike
#5 ·
If that's like the load connection on my mppt Controller which I think also had a lightbulb on it it will work all the time. I have a bank of 4 cig sockets wired to mine and one of them is my old motorhomewifi I boost. They each have on off switches though so I can isolate them. The only difference I can see over plugging them in to other 12v outlets is because they are plugged into the controller it shows how much power each device is using. TV is about 14 watts, 16 if I plug in USB speakers and the wifi iboost about 9 watts I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.