Delaware SE and Awning - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2021, 13:20 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Cheshire
My Motorhome: I drive...Autotrail Delaware SE
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Delaware SE and Awning

Hi everyone, hope someone can help please. We have just recently bought a Delaware SE 2008 after a long time with a tourer we decided to go back to MH. Over the years we have accumulated lots of gear for the caravan and one of our prized possession is a Dorema Air Awning. It is essentially a porch awning that you can attach ends to increase living space and when the two ends are on its over 8m. The porch awaning is 2.6m and is the only piece that attached to the caravan. The MH has a Fiamma wind out, which is a factory fit. What we would like to achieve is not to use the Fiamma but to somehow attach the porch air awning to the underside of the casing of the Fiamma so we can continue to use it. Has anyone done this? Are there any suggestions on how and what to use? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
cazzb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2021, 14:11
Senior Member
 
rayc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Corfe Mullen, Wimborne Dorset
My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Posts: 7,862
Thanks: 68
Thanked 290 Times in 264 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzb View Post
Hi everyone, hope someone can help please. We have just recently bought a Delaware SE 2008 after a long time with a tourer we decided to go back to MH. Over the years we have accumulated lots of gear for the caravan and one of our prized possession is a Dorema Air Awning. It is essentially a porch awning that you can attach ends to increase living space and when the two ends are on its over 8m. The porch awaning is 2.6m and is the only piece that attached to the caravan. The MH has a Fiamma wind out, which is a factory fit. What we would like to achieve is not to use the Fiamma but to somehow attach the porch air awning to the underside of the casing of the Fiamma so we can continue to use it. Has anyone done this? Are there any suggestions on how and what to use? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
This group may be able to help you https://www.facebook.com/groups/625552810845367
rayc is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2021, 14:21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belfast
My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Posts: 10,081
Thanks: 193
Thanked 547 Times in 518 Posts
Welcome to the forum cazzb, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Look forward to hearing about your adventures when we're allowed to have any!

Jean
jiwawa is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2021, 15:29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Craigavon NI
My Motorhome: Rapido 7065FF
Posts: 248
Thanks: 41
Thanked 56 Times in 50 Posts
Is there not an ‘awning rail’ built into the front of the Fiamma that you can slot a beaded awning strip into.
kabundi is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2021, 16:03
Senior Member
 
rayc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Corfe Mullen, Wimborne Dorset
My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Posts: 7,862
Thanks: 68
Thanked 290 Times in 264 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabundi View Post
Is there not an ‘awning rail’ built into the front of the Fiamma that you can slot a beaded awning strip into.
There is but on the Autotrail the Fiamma is inset into the body in a bespoke holder. This makes it difficult to use the 'awning rail' when the awning is fully wound in.
rayc is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2021, 18:28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Craigavon NI
My Motorhome: Rapido 7065FF
Posts: 248
Thanks: 41
Thanked 56 Times in 50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc View Post
There is but on the Autotrail the Fiamma is inset into the body in a bespoke holder. This makes it difficult to use the 'awning rail' when the awning is fully wound in.
Would it be possible to use if the Fiamma is wound out by say 50mm, if so this would still give a waterproof connection to the MH
kabundi is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 25-05-2021, 15:03
Junior Member
 
BHel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
My Motorhome: I drive...
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To be honest, I'm not sure there is a ready-made solution for what you want to do. I'd look for DIY ways on the Internet, maybe YouTube has them. In case you find one, please, share it here. We bought an Aleko awning (I was lucky to find it in this review https://indoor2outdoor.com/best-retractable-awnings/ when looking for the awning for our home deck) and we are pleased with it. But we are thinking about buying a Dorema Air Awning, so your experience will be helpful for us. Thanks in advance.
BHel is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome