Awning/Privacy Rm Swift Sundance 590RS - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 19-08-2016, 12:11 Thread Starter

Awning/Privacy Rm Swift Sundance 590RS

I have a 2007 Swift Sundance 590 RS and was thinking of adding a privacy room type awning. I have a Fiamma F45Ti wind out awning fitted but would like a more enclosed area. I have heard that the high hab door makes this difficult to find an awning that would suit the purpose. What measurements do I need to take or should I just rock up to a dealer to be absolutely safe. I am not particularly bothered about a driveaway option. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 19-08-2016, 20:21

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
I do believe that you should measure the height from ground to the awning, as the safari rooms do come in different heights.Plus of course the length. A phone call to a friendly Fiamma dealer would help. Not seeing where you are located I cannot suggest who your local agent is, but a look on Fiamma web site will tell you.

cabby

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.
The Following User Says Thank You to cabby For This Useful Post:
glennpage (20-08-2016)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 19-08-2016, 22:35
p-c

Hi
I believe if measuring for a seperate awning you need to measure to the awning channel, normally at the outside roof line. We have a Fiamma wind out on Swift Sundance 630 and the door top catches, scrapes, on the awning when it is wound out. A bit of a pain really.
Regards
p-c
The Following User Says Thank You to p-c For This Useful Post:
glennpage (20-08-2016)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 19-08-2016, 22:55

Personal Aire
Hi p-c, are you erecting the awning up high enough, or are the adjustable legs too short.Maybe chat to a Fiamma dealer to see if there are longer ones to help clear the leisure door.

cabby
GMJ and GMJ like this.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 20-08-2016, 11:39 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby View Post
I do believe that you should measure the height from ground to the awning, as the safari rooms do come in different heights.Plus of course the length. A phone call to a friendly Fiamma dealer would help. Not seeing where you are located I cannot suggest who your local agent is, but a look on Fiamma web site will tell you.

cabby
Thanks your reply. I am based in Brixham Devon. I have measure from the ground to the bottom edge of the Fiamma awning/bracket and its 2m 60cms.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 20-08-2016, 11:44

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E725
I'm in the South Hams and have a Fiamma Zip privacy room surplus to rquirements. I think it's for a 3.5 metre awning. Not sure what length you need.

If the size suits, you're welcome to try it.

I'm pretty sure it's unused, it came with my van, but I never stop long enough to need it.

PM me, if you like.

I'm daft and proud of it.

Last edited by tugboat; 20-08-2016 at 11:47.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 20-08-2016, 11:47 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-c View Post
Hi
I believe if measuring for a seperate awning you need to measure to the awning channel, normally at the outside roof line. We have a Fiamma wind out on Swift Sundance 630 and the door top catches, scrapes, on the awning when it is wound out. A bit of a pain really.
Regards
p-c
Thanks for your input. We found the same problem with our awning unless the front legs were extended as high as possible. We are looking at non Fiamma awning rooms that could attach to the Fiamma in its closed position and still allow the hab door to open freely. There's a couple of items available locally on Gumtree that might fit the bill but I will have to a bit of research first.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 20-08-2016, 15:16
p-c

Hi Cabby
Yes if I raise the legs really high then it clears the door. Trouble is the awning is then so high it catches more wind, or at least feels that way and also creates less shade.
Hey ho we manage though.
Glennpage
If you are planning to use the Fiamma awning channel in the closed position then that is the height you need to measure to. I believe the channel is of a narrower diameter than the normal awning channels. Please check, I could be wrong.
Tugboat
Glennpage is not a subscribed member so can not pm you to take advantage of your generous offer.
Regards
p-c
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 20-08-2016, 17:00

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E725
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-c View Post
Hi Cabby
Yes if I raise the legs really high then it clears the door. Trouble is the awning is then so high it catches more wind, or at least feels that way and also creates less shade.
Hey ho we manage though.
Glennpage
If you are planning to use the Fiamma awning channel in the closed position then that is the height you need to measure to. I believe the channel is of a narrower diameter than the normal awning channels. Please check, I could be wrong.
Tugboat
Glennpage is not a subscribed member so can not pm you to take advantage of your generous offer.
Regards
p-c
Oops, didn't notice that. Duh. Oh well, he'll have to use one of his 5 posts to let me know, then. Cheers.

I'm daft and proud of it.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 20-08-2016, 20:47

Personal Aire
Generous offer tuggers, but unless he has a Zip awning he will need a clip on safari room I think they are not compatible, of course I could be wrong.

cabby

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page