Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro 260 - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 14:44
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
With one person you also get the lateral force which isn't good for the canopy. The second person would do as Sal says plus steady the canopy to stop any sideways movement caused by the force of pulling the awning through the channel.

Graham

Which ever way you look at it, we are MUCH BETTER OFF in the EU than outside!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 17:41

My Motorhome: Oh no - a caravan!!
We have the same problem with our non-air Kampa 390 Rally Pro when trying to insert the 4mm awning strip into the Fiamma channel - it's a job for two people. As Graham has mentioned, we wound the canopy out by 12" and fed the awning into the Fiamma but then there was so much weight on the Faimma, it wouldn't wind back in and locate securely in its mounts. Took it out again and got the step ladder out but even then it was a pain.

With a caravan, it's much easier to start threading the awning in due to the shape of the 'van awning rail and the fact that the awning channel is splayed open to ease the feeding process.

Paul - was a 2008 Swift Kontiki 669 but now a 2016 caravan.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 20:09

My Motorhome: Swift Voyager 680FB
Personal Aire
Does anybody have a solution for fitting a skirt to the lower edge of the motorhome ? Or do we just suffer the wind blowing under the van ?

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 20:31
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy_103 View Post
Does anybody have a solution for fitting a skirt to the lower edge of the motorhome ? Or do we just suffer the wind blowing under the van ?
Lilly Pad do skirts...

We bought some for our Bess but haven't bothered for the Comanche tbh...

Graham

Which ever way you look at it, we are MUCH BETTER OFF in the EU than outside!

post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 20:51

My Motorhome: Bürstner City Car C540
As Graham says, Lillipad do made to measure draft skirts -which are not cheap by the way.

We fit suckers onto the Kador strip on the skirt which came with the awning (sucker fits onto a ring, rather like a key ring and we thread the ring through the Kador strip.) sucker sticks on van, is easy to remove and doesn't leave any marks. Magic.

Sal
deefordog and deefordog like this.

I'm on the road again
Going places I have never been
Going places I may never see again
Just can't wait to be on the road again

Willie Nelson says it all.
The Following User Says Thank You to MyGalSal For This Useful Post:
bijgouder (13-07-2016)
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 10:57

My Motorhome: I drive...
Question Fiamma motor rally Air 360

Deliberated long and hard before buying the above as they do not come cheap.Plus side, very good heavy quality. Instruction booklet very poor unless you are a clairvoyant! Like other posts, a strange web strap at ground level in both doorways with no clear explanation as to its use and need!

The heavyweight awning puts extreme pressure on the wind out canopy and causes conflict with my Fiamma 45S Awning front cover when trying to close it shut with the awning is initially attached.

The three air tubes fail to sit on the wall of our MH adequately, and Fiamma know this as they supply square foam pads to fill the gap.Personally, I feel this is a major design fault when trying to attach to a Fiamma awning rail. If you fit one to a caravan, fine, but fitting to a MH presents an unsatisfactory assembly. For this kind of my money, I would expect more in design.

Our MH door cannot open correctly as the centre air tube prevents this, but of course no mention of these snags on websites or indeed in the instruction manual.

Without a shadow of doubt this awning cannot be put up with one user, so ignore all the videos you see of one man assembly and the one man photo in the assembly brochure. As other users have said, the attaching to the 6mm channel on the awning is made easier with spraying the feeder awning channel with silicone spray. Again, no advice or tip from Fiamma!

Last but not least, if you are elderly or infirm with mobility issues, this is very heavy so be very careful.

Would I buy again? Not sure! But initially disappointed.

Tony
jonesy_103 and jonesy_103 like this.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 21:03

My Motorhome: Swift Voyager 680FB
Personal Aire
I have to say, that knowing what I know now, I would not buy an awning for a motorhome. We rarely stay anywhere longer than three nights and I just CBA putting it up and down for such short trips. In fact you may well see it for sale on a website near you very soon !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page