Kampa Motor Rally Air owners? Could you please advise? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 24-01-2015, 14:53 Thread Starter
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
Kampa Motor Rally Air owners? Could you please advise?

Hi

We have just taken delivery of our MRA 39L and went away yesterday to try it out.

I have questions on 2 things if I may

1) The booklet says that to thread the awning on the canopy it is easier to lower it. Looking at my wind out canopy I'm not sure that it could be threaded 'in situ' when it is flush with the MH side as the rail channel entry looks to be obstructed by the side of the housing.

However when I rolled it out, due to the weight of the awning I had to put the legs down so as not to put undue stress on the arms under the canopy material.

When pulling the awning through the channel it also wanted to pull the whole canopy sideways with it. And lastly when rolling it up, due to the weight it wouldn't jump into its housing so I had to have Mrs GMJ on the winder whilst I used a step ladder to aid it back into the housing.

Does any owner have any hints/tips on this part of the process (as I yet again appeared to be suffering from tourettes when I did this)!

2) The steps 2 and 3 in the blurb confuse the hell out of me as I am really not sure which bit to peg in first (step 2) and then second (dtep 3)...and the pictures do not help (...more swearing again Im afraid!)

Thanks

Graham

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 24-01-2015, 15:08

Personal Aire
I would love to help but what is an MHA 360xl.
I Googled the letters... not known. The 36L is possibly a Fork Lift Truck or a Torch. Neither suitable to be used as an Awning.
I hope someone can identify your needs.

Alan
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 24-01-2015, 15:16 Thread Starter
GMJ

Personal Aire
I typed MRA not MHA - standing for Motor Rally Air (as per the thread title) - the size is a Pro 39L as in 3.9m wide and I think the XL denotes the height off the ground.

Graham

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 24-01-2015, 15:25

My Motorhome: Elddis Accordo 125
I think I understand what you are saying.

We don't have that exact awning but I guess the problems would be similar. To thread ours through I wind the awning out maybe 2 inches or so and then thread the beading into it. I thread it on at the hab door end so I can start the process. For reaching the high bits in the middle I bought one of those cheap plastic step/stools at a show. I am then able to wind the awning back in.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 24-01-2015, 15:38

we have one and as you say it's quite a struggle.

We lower the awning, I then spray some PTFE into the channel, which helps it not stick. When I pull the motor rally through, my wife holds onto the awning, as you say it tries to pull it sideways.

When it's through I put the awning back up, then inflate and tie it down after inflating.

We tried to do it by the manual, but it never seemed "right"

probably isn't correct but it seems to work
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 24-01-2015, 15:42 Thread Starter
GMJ

Personal Aire
Thanks folks

A couple of useful tips there. I'll get some PTFE spray, definitely.

When winding up the canopy arm will it jump into the locked position on its own with the winding process? I had to help it along somewhat.

Also can you shed some light on steps 2 and 3? I don't know which bit to peg down first underneath the MH

ta

Graham
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 24-01-2015, 16:15

Graham good luck!

Our awning doesn't "click" back into place anyway I just wind it back as far as it will go.

Can't remember which bit we peg out first, but do remember to get the "triangles" of grey/black plastic f on the two outer corners (inside the rally air) before pegging
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 25-01-2015, 09:23 Thread Starter
GMJ

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertieburstner

Can't remember which bit we peg out first, but do remember to get the "triangles" of grey/black plastic f on the two outer corners (inside the rally air) before pegging
That may prove to be useful - thanks

Graham
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 25-01-2015, 11:39

Is it worth the hassle, I have to ask? You sure you are not a latent caravanner?

I think we should direct Plodders to this thread - it will complete his aversion therapy!!

(This will explain all to those who have not been following the tragic tale of mental instability! https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic...6.html#2695626)

Dave
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 25-01-2015, 11:47

My Motorhome: Hymer B644
Yes it is worth the hassle,it's a brilliant bit of kit and the erection gets easier the more you do it.
We have the kampa air and it makes a big difference to living space if stopping for several days.

We don't always put it up but the option is always available if we want to turn into tuggers for a while.
alexblack13 and alexblack13 like this.

cheers Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page