Kampa Motor Rally Air owners? Could you please advise? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 27-01-2015, 14:05

My Motorhome: Oh no - a caravan!!
Graham - it's the Kador strip that's 6x4mm, not the fig of 8.

The Fiamma slot is 4mm and most, maybe all, awning bead is 6mm. The fig of 8 is 6mm both sides.

Edit - now I'm getting confused as you've got another thread running which has drifted into these replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 27-01-2015, 14:22 Thread Starter
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2012 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
True

I am aware that the kador strip is 4mm to 6mm however the awning beading is also 4mm hence the need for something to go between the kador 6mm and the awning 4mm...any suggestions?

ta

Graham
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 27-01-2015, 14:47

As per your other thread, if the Fiamma slit/channel is 4mm and your Kampa bead is 4mm, you don't necessarily need either the Kador strip or fig of 8 as the Kampa bead will slot straight into the Fiamma.

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 27-01-2015, 15:05 Thread Starter
GMJ

Personal Aire
...yes but the weight is prohibitive when the awning is threaded on to the canopy; which has to be wound out as it sits flush when in its housing; and I need it to be a one man job as I may not have any help available.

Hence the need for something that can threaded to the canopy; which can then be rolled up and engaged; but I still need to be able to thread my awning

Graham
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 27-01-2015, 15:40

If you intend to use a small step ladder or similar, the Fiamma only needs to be wound out about 1/2" so that the Fiamma slot is away from the housing at the gearbox end (rear of MH generally).

If no steps, then yes, the canopy would need to be wound out until the front edge is low enough for you to reach which would mean deploying the legs.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 27-01-2015, 17:03 Thread Starter
GMJ

Personal Aire
Yes a step ladder is a solution together with the unlatching of the canopy.

I carry a 4 step ally step ladder on board for use with awnings (very light so not an issue) but am exploring other solutions as well as the weight of the awning when pulling it through at height is tiring. Hopefully the PTFE spray will help the friction element though

Cheers

Graham
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 27-01-2015, 17:19

Personal Aire
Beading Webbing strip (is that Kador) 4mm one side to go into Fiamma faceplate. 6mm the other side to take the figure 8 plastic strip.
Figure 8 plastic strip 6mm both sides one side to take the webbing the other to take the awning bearding.
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 27-01-2015, 17:24

My Motorhome: Adria matrix
We bought a 390 awning the first time out with it,got to site put it on the ground and scratched our heads instructions useless angela made the tea.now standing outside drinking tea wondering where to start and not letting on we didn't know what to do.man from large caravan with awning came over and while we drunk tea put the whole lot up in ten minuets just like that.still didn't know how to put it up but looked faboulous the extre room it gives you is great.to the man at kessingland camping site we where very gratefull and thank you very much.
John and angela
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 27-01-2015, 17:41

Personal Aire
Sure I have met people like you

1./ In france a Caravan owner walking round his van wielding a rubber mallet with wee wifey looking upset. Apparently the mover had stuck on.
He phoned UK to get instructions from MFG and I removed the mover with my tools.

2./ At Gandspette he goes for shower followed by herself, he returns to van and finds it locked, she returns but hasn't locked it. Its cold and wet they clad only in bathrobes (posh). Again I get my tools out and a few minutes later the van door was opened. Scary really it was far too easy.

No doubt the Stan Laurel approach will usually work on campsites. Stand back and view problem from various angle then scratch ones head.
Someone like me will just have stick his oar in if only out of curiosity.

It is after all part of campsite entertainment :- watching a guy take several trips to the tap with a kettle whilst he has a 125l container sitting in the van, or seeing someone rushing to the toilet block in the pouring rain because they don't like useing the on board loo.
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 27-01-2015, 18:02

Quote:
Jmdarr said:- . . . useless angela made the tea. . . .
For the last time ever, if she sees your post!!!!

Boy - are you in the mire.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page