cycle rack legislation (europe) - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 31-10-2005, 21:26

Hi all,
and dont forget, most countries now require you, if you wear glasses for driving...to carry a spare pair!
Malc
DBSS and DBSS like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 31-10-2005, 21:56

No Boff it wasnt a obscure political pary that was quoted as brining in this legislation

It was proposed by Queen Beatriks her self according to the news reports
Perhaps Konigen Beatrix is an obscure political party
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 23-11-2005, 19:04

My campervan has (as is the norm) wing mirrors and a fixed rear step.

When dealing with the width, do I include mirrors and when dealing with the length do I include the FIXED step.

If I include the step in the length then the bike rack only extends a small distance beyond the back of the van.

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 27-01-2016, 22:38

What detail has the reflective sign in Portugal. France is the same as England but I was told today that Spain and Italy have their own idea as to the width of the red stripes. Spain the red stripes have to be wider and if it doesn't conform the fine is 60 euros. As yet I haven't found the criteria with regard to Italy.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 27-01-2016, 22:51

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
I was under the impression that Spain would accept either the plastic board with four corner reflectors whereas Italy insisted on the aluminium one which is reflective overall (i.e. not just corner reflectors).

the stripes MUST point DOWN to the offside while driving i.e. point DOWN to the LEFT in countries where dirving on the right is required......

I am not aware of any other differences between Spain and Italy (interestingly both boards are made by Fiamma - an Italian company.....)

Towing ANY vehicle other than on a trailer is illegal under Spanish law and I believe Portugese too........ There have been numerous reports from both countries where UK registered MH have been stopped and forced to separate if towing using an "A" frame.

BUT I would be wary of resurrecting a 10 year old thread and attributing any accuracy to the posts - many things have changed since 2005........ so don't rely on information posted then - it may have been surpassed.....

Dave

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 27-01-2016, 22:54

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer 680 MB
Bloody hell, who's been digging into the depths............an 11 year old thread

Why hasn't this old lot seen the bonfire

tony

WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion

Academia and government artificially select for particular traits, among which is a lack of life experience. This is why it's possible for a person to be exceptionally bright while failing to grasp something as rudimentary as supply and demand.

Intellectuals: All engine, no map.

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 21:49

I have lots of VHS tapes which I downloaded the VHs from my old Sharp Camcorder. I have recently transferred these onto DVD+R by connecting VHS recorder to DVD recorder played via a Sharp TV. However I find that the DVD;s will not play on my laptop (if I put a purchased DVD it plays via MKT recording. What format would my recorded DVD;s have adopted in the copying from a VHS tape?
I thought at first it was because I had not finalized the dvd but it makes no difference. Some will pLay on the dvd recorder but others will not. We used filmon on the laptop whilst away and viewed our drama series and any other good program that was on. Apart from being 1 hour later than at home it was good.
I have tried to put up a 'new post' for the above but cannot find it, please advise if you can. Thanks
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 23:01

My Motorhome: Autotrail Apache 725SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awboxster View Post
HI all, with regards to towing a car on an 'A' frame in Spain and France, it is LEGAL to do this as long as the legislation in your Home country allows this.
I have just come back from Spain and France and have spoken to many camper owners who have towed on an A frame without any problems....I actually tow my car on a trailer, so no probs anyway. There have been court cases in Spain with regard to this matter and because in the UK it is Legal to tow on a A frame the sentences have been quashed (overturned) on appeal.

Camper owners living in Spain/France/Germany are very envious of us Brits because we can legally tow with an A frame.........until we harmonise our road traffic regs with Europe!!!
That is the point. It is not legal in the UK to tow using an A Frame. The fact is it is not ILLEGAL as no statute has been passed on the subject.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 23:31

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambegayo View Post
I have lots of VHS tapes which I downloaded the VHs from my old Sharp Camcorder. I have recently transferred these onto DVD+R by connecting VHS recorder to DVD recorder played via a Sharp TV. However I find that the DVD;s will not play on my laptop (if I put a purchased DVD it plays via MKT recording. What format would my recorded DVD;s have adopted in the copying from a VHS tape?
I thought at first it was because I had not finalized the dvd but it makes no difference. Some will pLay on the dvd recorder but others will not. We used filmon on the laptop whilst away and viewed our drama series and any other good program that was on. Apart from being 1 hour later than at home it was good.
I have tried to put up a 'new post' for the above but cannot find it, please advise if you can. Thanks
I replied earlier today Wendy in the other thread (or one of the other threads) that you posted this query.

Peter
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 23:34

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
Quote:
Originally Posted by namder View Post
That is the point. It is not legal in the UK to tow using an A Frame. The fact is it is not ILLEGAL as no statute has been passed on the subject.
Surely everything and anything is legal in the UK unless there is a law making it illegal and, as you acknowledge, there is no law making towing on an A frame illegal.

Peter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page