Electric bike recommendation - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

 4Likes
  • 1 Post By powerplus
  • 1 Post By powerplus
  • 1 Post By trek
  • 1 Post By powerplus
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 26-08-2018, 13:27 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 390
Thanked 124 Times in 122 Posts
Electric bike recommendation

I am looking for folding electric bikes. Anybody got any recommendations for ones you use?
jo662 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 26-08-2018, 13:51
Senior Member
 
powerplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: berkshire
My Motorhome: swift sundance 620fb
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 9
Thanked 122 Times in 116 Posts
hi

depending on what you want to pay and what specification

we have just got 2 easygo lite they seem good for the money the wife loves hers

similar to halfords one but better sppecification

they also do last years model (blue and silver with different frame )

are advertised on ebay but contact the sellers as they might do a deal if you go straight to them

barry
jo662 likes this.
powerplus is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to powerplus For This Useful Post:
jo662 (26-08-2018)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 26-08-2018, 13:57 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 390
Thanked 124 Times in 122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplus View Post
hi

depending on what you want to pay and what specification

we have just got 2 easygo lite they seem good for the money the wife loves hers

similar to halfords one but better sppecification

they also do last years model (blue and silver with different frame )

are advertised on ebay but contact the sellers as they might do a deal if you go straight to them

barry

Thanks for your answer Barry. I have never heard of Easygoing bikes,have you got a link please?
I have been looking at Seago folding ebikes which have a good spec.

https://www.seagoyachting.co.uk/products/bike/
jo662 is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 26-08-2018, 14:36
Senior Member
 
powerplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: berkshire
My Motorhome: swift sundance 620fb
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 9
Thanked 122 Times in 116 Posts
hi

yes sorry brain fade seago

good bikes for the money i know a couple that have the blue white model and are pleased

we have there newer model with a different shape

got mine from here

ask for dave mention barry reeves that had 2 lite bikes and ask for some discount for 2 bikes
i had a small problem but they sorted it pronto

Dave
The Wetworks Ltd
The Sail Loft
Buckingham Square
Burnham On Crouch
Essex CM0 8AS

[email protected]
T. +44 (0)1621 786413
M. +44 (0)7595 023096

http://www.thewetworks.co.uk



barry
jo662 likes this.

Last edited by powerplus; 26-08-2018 at 14:44.
powerplus is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to powerplus For This Useful Post:
jo662 (26-08-2018)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 26-08-2018, 16:59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,970
Thanks: 72
Thanked 88 Times in 83 Posts
Brompton just brought out an ebike

Not cheap but top notch and made in Britain


https://www.brompton.com/brompton-el...mpton-electric
jo662 likes this.
trek is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to trek For This Useful Post:
jo662 (26-08-2018)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 26-08-2018, 22:27 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 390
Thanked 124 Times in 122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplus View Post
hi

yes sorry brain fade seago

good bikes for the money i know a couple that have the blue white model and are pleased

we have there newer model with a different shape

got mine from here

ask for dave mention barry reeves that had 2 lite bikes and ask for some discount for 2 bikes
i had a small problem but they sorted it pronto

Dave
The Wetworks Ltd
The Sail Loft
Buckingham Square
Burnham On Crouch
Essex CM0 8AS

[email protected]
T. +44 (0)1621 786413
M. +44 (0)7595 023096

http://www.thewetworks.co.uk



barry

Thanks Barry will give them a call.
jo662 is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 26-08-2018, 22:29 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 390
Thanked 124 Times in 122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Brompton just brought out an ebike

Not cheap but top notch and made in Britain


https://www.brompton.com/brompton-el...mpton-electric

These are the best,but alot of money.
Thank you for the link as well worth a look at them.
jo662 is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-08-2018, 00:13 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 390
Thanked 124 Times in 122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplus View Post
hi

yes sorry brain fade seago

good bikes for the money i know a couple that have the blue white model and are pleased

we have there newer model with a different shape

got mine from here

ask for dave mention barry reeves that had 2 lite bikes and ask for some discount for 2 bikes
i had a small problem but they sorted it pronto

Dave
The Wetworks Ltd
The Sail Loft
Buckingham Square
Burnham On Crouch
Essex CM0 8AS

[email protected]
T. +44 (0)1621 786413
M. +44 (0)7595 023096

http://www.thewetworks.co.uk



barry

Could you tell me why you went for the Seago Golite bike instead of the standard bike as there doesn’t seem to be any difference apart from having a Panasonic battery,LCD display and £150 dearer?
jo662 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-08-2018, 06:52
Senior Member
 
powerplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: berkshire
My Motorhome: swift sundance 620fb
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 9
Thanked 122 Times in 116 Posts
hi joe

still early but here goes

no real reason but i was trying to convince the wife that we needed bikes and she fell in love with the color and design

and we got a good discount for the 2

we also felt that the lite was not so obvious as a ebike

the lcd control has more on but not a must but reeds in km not miles

i dont think she the standard gives speed

we leave it on no 2 except when we come to a hill when we go higher and drop back to 2 again when the going is not so hard

there is a ebike in halfords for £750 that looks similar but no teli forks disk brakes and i think the battery output is less


we are impressed with the battery and for us with some hills we can manage 30+ miles before we charge and the battery says half charged and we are not fit people

last week while in easy germany my friend and i used them a lot and he used do a lot of cycling and was impressed with the bikes

basically you can use as little or as much of the available power as you want for us no2 seemed about right

basically the numbers dictate how fast the motor assists you to and throttles back as you reach that speed, once over the desired speed the motor shuts off but when you go up a gradient and the speed drops the motor comes back it to play and if the speed drops more the power increases more

if you need more power on a hill you can up the number and more power comes in and once you are at the top you can drop it back to no2 (for us) or what ever number seems best for you

to make the motor kick in all you have to do is keep the pedals turning

and it is surprising what pulling power no5 gives and the wife says it flies

i forgot to mention that they come with a carrier that is quite thick and holds the bike inside when folded


if you want any more advice end me your phone number and i will call


barry
jo662 likes this.
powerplus is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to powerplus For This Useful Post:
jo662 (27-08-2018)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 27-08-2018, 07:33 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jo662's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridgeshire
My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 390
Thanked 124 Times in 122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplus View Post
hi joe

still early but here goes

no real reason but i was trying to convince the wife that we needed bikes and she fell in love with the color and design

and we got a good discount for the 2

we also felt that the lite was not so obvious as a ebike

the lcd control has more on but not a must but reeds in km not miles

i dont think she the standard gives speed

we leave it on no 2 except when we come to a hill when we go higher and drop back to 2 again when the going is not so hard

there is a ebike in halfords for £750 that looks similar but no teli forks disk brakes and i think the battery output is less


we are impressed with the battery and for us with some hills we can manage 30+ miles before we charge and the battery says half charged and we are not fit people

last week while in easy germany my friend and i used them a lot and he used do a lot of cycling and was impressed with the bikes

basically you can use as little or as much of the available power as you want for us no2 seemed about right

basically the numbers dictate how fast the motor assists you to and throttles back as you reach that speed, once over the desired speed the motor shuts off but when you go up a gradient and the speed drops the motor comes back it to play and if the speed drops more the power increases more

if you need more power on a hill you can up the number and more power comes in and once you are at the top you can drop it back to no2 (for us) or what ever number seems best for you

to make the motor kick in all you have to do is keep the pedals turning

and it is surprising what pulling power no5 gives and the wife says it flies

i forgot to mention that they come with a carrier that is quite thick and holds the bike inside when folded


if you want any more advice end me your phone number and i will call


barry

Hi Barry
Thank you.for for a great reply. I am really interested in the Seago and even more now after hearing your experience with them. I really like the look of them because they do not look like electric bikes so less attractive to a would-be their.

Just one more question,I am 6’2 so are they adjustable seat wise for someone my size?

Also how do you carry them in your Motorhome?

Last edited by jo662; 27-08-2018 at 07:36.
jo662 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome