New owner - Hydra trail Easy lifter tips and advice needed - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 17-08-2015, 12:14 Thread Starter

New owner - Hydra trail Easy lifter tips and advice needed

We took delivery of our Easy Lifter last week, we were swayed to purchase by the Youtube video demonstration by the manufacturer on ease of assembly etc.
I wonder if any present or past owners have any top tips or advice on use. We've already encountered a problem with the stanchion set points and ground levels. Partner doesn't think we should have to resort to carrying various bits of wood to act as packing.

Also the pin that holds the rack in position for loading, struggling to get this out when the bike is on the trailer (even with the wheels firmly on the ground taking the load).

Manufacturer is away on holiday and unavailable so I wondered if anyone out there has any useful advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 28-08-2015, 07:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosePearl View Post
We took delivery of our Easy Lifter last week, we were swayed to purchase by the Youtube video demonstration by the manufacturer on ease of assembly etc.
I wonder if any present or past owners have any top tips or advice on use. We've already encountered a problem with the stanchion set points and ground levels. Partner doesn't think we should have to resort to carrying various bits of wood to act as packing.

Also the pin that holds the rack in position for loading, struggling to get this out when the bike is on the trailer (even with the wheels firmly on the ground taking the load).

Manufacturer is away on holiday and unavailable so I wondered if anyone out there has any useful advice.
Hi, I had the same issues and found Easy-Lifter solutions un-helpful.
Firstly remove the pin when the wheels are just above the ground as at this point you can rock the platform back and forth which lines up the holes and frees up the pin.
Secondly I changed the single piston Jack for a dual piston Jack which gives nearly twice the lift, no more problem. The ram comes out like a telescope.
I did suggest this mod to Easy-Lifter but not interested.
Good luck.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 28-08-2015, 09:48

My Motorhome: Hymer B654
Hi,
I have had two of these,not at the same time though. I generally found them to do most of what I wanted most of the time. However, even though it is marketed to lift your bike off the ground after loading the bike and then put in the wheels I always found this a pain. We used the bike mainly on the continent where we use the aires so lots of stops and unloading, uneven ground, scuffed knuckles and lots of physical work. I sat down and tried to rationalise my use of the system. It was 100 percent on reversing. Likewise for storing when not being used. Excellent for charges on ferries and peages on autoroutes. Good for parking in supermarkets, tight spots and best of all talking to enquiring motorhomers who don't have access to one. But loading, pumping up putting wheels in with the bike in place...... A real bummer. Solution? I got a small Ali loading ramp made and loaded and unloaded the bike when everything was assembled, wheels and all. Much easier to do and less hassle. Went for the winter break to spain last year and never disconnected the trailer once. Everything is much easier and safer to handle without the mass and extra weight of the bike.

I think this trailer is excellent and if you think around the small hiccups you will grow to appreciate just how useful it is.

Why haven't I got it now? Well er in doors has got a toyota IQ so we are towing that down to Spain this year(trailer) for our 4 month stay

Cheers ned

Last edited by ned32; 28-08-2015 at 09:50. Reason: Spelling mistake
The Following User Says Thank You to ned32 For This Useful Post:
mervyncp (16-04-2019)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 21-01-2018, 11:16

My Motorhome: I drive...
So you carry a trolley jack with you?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 21-01-2018, 12:02

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelkeay View Post
So you carry a trolley jack with you?
You're a bit late with the advice there lad, check post date

Welcome to MHF though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in