Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - Children in need

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 21-11-2011, 16:17
ChrisandJohn

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF
Quote:
Originally Posted by locovan
Hmmm Chris sorry I think I have been taken wrongly you can give your money to who ever you like and around the world.

I just meant that I love Children in need because it is used here at home on so many really needed charities hence I like the saying Charity begins at home.

We are in terrible times money wise and there is a lot of suffering in the UK we need to help our fellow countrymen now more than ever.
Look at the Give a coat campaigne, how sad is that, people are cold because of the price of fuel and I for one will be turning out my coats to keep some older person warm.

I do feel the governments hide behind our generosity all the time the Macmillan nurses are a prime example of that. They work so hard within the NHS and they are a charity.
Mavis, I don't think I misunderstood you, I was responding to Happyrunner who, by saying 'charity should stay there', meaning 'at home' seems to be meaning that people shouldn't give to overseas charity, even if they also give to UK charities.

Chris

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome