Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Computer Help (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/86-computer-help/)
-   -   Wifi settings on mobile phone (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/86-computer-help/241595-wifi-settings-mobile-phone.html)

JanHank 21-05-2021 11:45

Wifi settings on mobile phone

I know you can remove the pass number for Wlan, but can you do the same on a mobile SIM card?

I am asking for Heike who´s had an Aldi sim for years, she pays monthly and usually only uses about two and a half GB from the 12gb she is allowed.
She is already out of GB for this month, but has no idea how or where they were used.

Last weekend the campsite, where they have a permanent caravan and where they spent the weekend, there were a lot of people nearby, is it possible someone was able to use her internet? How does one check if the use of a passcode has accidentally been removed ?

erneboy 21-05-2021 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanHank (Post 3160103)
I know you can remove the pass number for Wlan, but can you do the same on a mobile SIM card?

I am asking for Heike who´s had an Aldi sim for years, she pays monthly and usually only uses about two and a half GB from the 12gb she is allowed.
She is already out of GB for this month, but has no idea how or where they were used.

Last weekend the campsite, where they have a permanent caravan and where they spent the weekend, there were a lot of people nearby, is it possible someone was able to use her internet? How does one check if the use of a passcode has accidentally been removed ?

If she has wifi sharing (the Hotspot option) turned off nobody else can log on to it.

Is her phone apple or android?

JanHank 21-05-2021 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by erneboy (Post 3160109)
If she has wifi sharing (Hotspot) turned off nobody else can log on to it.

I don´t have anything that says wifi sharing on my phone that I can see Alan where would it be? I have to be able to guide her to it.

erneboy 21-05-2021 12:09

Is it apple or android Jan?

Drew 21-05-2021 12:09

As Alan is assisting Jan I don't want to get involved other to ask what type of phone does she have? make and model number.

JanHank 21-05-2021 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by erneboy (Post 3160115)
Is it apple or android Jan?

Its a Huawei P10 Lite

erneboy 21-05-2021 12:27

Please go ahead Drew. Two heads etc.

Settings, wifi and internet, hotspot and tethering on my Android Jan. Unless the hotspot is enabled nobody else can connect through an Android phone. I think.

barryd 21-05-2021 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanHank (Post 3160125)
Its a Huawei P10 Lite

That will be Android then so it will be in Settings, more, tethering and mobile hot spot, wifi hotspot and then you should be able to turn it on or off there or change the password. They vary a bit but it should be something like that.

She should be able to check on her account / bill when the data was used. If its a contract its always worth putting a limit cap on so if it does get reached it doesnt go on and on incurring a large bill.

Drew 21-05-2021 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by erneboy (Post 3160129)
Please go ahead Drew. Two heads etc.

Settings, wifi and internet, hotspot and tethering on my Android Jan. Unless the hotspot is enabled nobody else can connect through an Android phone. I think.

I don't know anything about Android phones Alan hence me asking for a make and model number.

As Apple have recently updated their operating system, some of the older phones i.e. 6 & 6s have different settings from 8 upwards. The new phones are now mini computers that you can make a telephone call from, mind boggling.

JanHank 21-05-2021 13:31

Heike says

WiFi Bridge is Off, tethering also.
WiFi Calling also off.