Wireless printer recommendations please? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2021, 10:55 Thread Starter

Wireless printer recommendations please?

My ink cartridges are an extortionate price (£82 for duo pack) for my HP printer. I have been thinking of getting a wireless printer for a while. I did try a short time ago but when I got it home you needed a smart phone to operate some of the functions! Just need a basic printer that can also scan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2021, 11:09

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yes Pat, after reading a recomendation on Computer Active I bought an Epson WF-3620 as the inks were for buttons.
Sadly it stopped working about 2 years later and I moved onto another Epson WF-3720 but the inks are FOUR times the price.

So see what the replacement inks are first as I'm sure all printers will do the job.

Ray.
greygit and patp like this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2021, 11:29 Thread Starter

This printer is really old. I think the new ones hardly use any ink or you can get the cartridges refilled by the seller or something like that.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2021, 11:35

£5 set of six is not the same as £28 set of six Pat. Compatible.

Ray.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2021, 12:13

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,015 Posts
Personal Aire
If you dont need to print in colour then get a black and white laser printer. More reliable and the toners last for ages and can cost less than a set of inks for an inkjet.

If you have to have an inkjet Epson do an EcoTank range where you just refill the cartridges at a fraction of the price of a set of inks. Im not that familiar with them though but did set one up for someone and filled it with ink. Seemed ok.
Glandwr and patp like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2021, 12:48
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
I have a normal Epson printer (not an ecotank one) which can be wireless but was pretty pants at that so I have it wired in now. When I came to replace the ink cartridges a full Epson set was nearly the same price as the bloody printer!

Luckily I have a French fiend who is a big fromage in Epson over there so when we last hooked up a few years ago I got a load of cartridges off him for only 25% of the price.

When they ran out I just bought non brand replacements off Ebay. The printer warns me that they are rubbish and I should buy proper (i.e. expensive) ones, but they work just the same tbh and are maybe 25/30% of the price of the original OEM ones.
patp and raynipper like this.

Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. —Greg King

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2021, 14:33

My Motorhome: Adria Coral 690SP
Another vote for a b/w laser.

I never found the colour very good on previous printers.

We have a Ricoh SP211...........which I think can be made wireless..............if still available
patp likes this.

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

The best things in Life...........................are not Things !!

Life is really, really great …...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2021, 15:24 Thread Starter

I rarely print in colour. The existing printer has just had a new colour cartridge so I could keep it for colour printing and get a laser printer for everyday use. Once the self build is finished the usage will go down a lot.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2021, 16:03

My Motorhome: 2007 Ace Siena
Thanked 1,026 Times in 965 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
I switched to lazy printers years ago, 8 had colour at first but now I have a wireless mono laser, had it 4 years now cost 50 quid still works fine it needs a new toner cartridge which it needed 2 years ago but apart from a couple of blobs when printing it is still going, and if a page happens to get wet, it doesn't run.

They used to be mega xpensive when 8 was selling them in the 90s, but cheap as chips now.
patp likes this.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-05-2021, 07:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
I rarely print in colour. The existing printer has just had a new colour cartridge so I could keep it for colour printing and get a laser printer for everyday use. Once the self build is finished the usage will go down a lot.
Agreed Pat, 'rarely' but quite important for us when the odd one is needed. Copying passports, ID cards, medical cards and some utility docs need colour here. So I probably get through 3/4 large black carts to 1 set of colours.

And yes G, connected wirelessly always makes me wonder if it going to work. Seems to be a long hesitation of maybe 10 to 15 secs before it staggers into life.

Ray.
patp likes this.

Last edited by raynipper; 10-05-2021 at 07:14.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page