Passwords - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 17-03-2020, 08:11 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Passwords

They drive me crazy, they say use a password you donīt use for anything else, change your password periodically so like a good girl I do that on YouTube which means I also have to change it on Google, Google Chrome and Microsoft.

Yesterday I had to change the password for my email because for some unknown reason it was signed out and I couldnīt sign in with the present one.
Microsoft also wouldn't let me in so had to change that, YouTube and Googles as well. I seem to be spending half a day hum bugging with passwords.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 17-03-2020, 08:53

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,066 Times in 925 Posts
Personal Aire
Chrome usually remembers your passwords if you allow it to when you create them. As long as you always know the password for your recovery email address you can just accept the recommended one or type in a new long one of your own and click remember password and you shouldnt have to type it in each time or change it that often.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 17-03-2020, 08:59 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Chrome usually remembers your passwords if you allow it to when you create them. As long as you always know the password for your recovery email address you can just accept the recommended one or type in a new long one of your own and click remember password and you shouldnt have to type it in each time or change it that often.
The computer remembers all my passwords Barry, I canīt understand why they sign me out when I always choose to be left signed in.
Yesterday for instance, the PC, iPhone and Kindle were all signed out of my email, not by me I can assure you.
I donīt know what Microsoft was needed for, but that had been signed out on as well.

I'm Jan

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 17-03-2020, 10:25

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,066 Times in 925 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
The computer remembers all my passwords Barry, I canīt understand why they sign me out when I always choose to be left signed in.
Yesterday for instance, the PC, iPhone and Kindle were all signed out of my email, not by me I can assure you.
I donīt know what Microsoft was needed for, but that had been signed out on as well.
Dunno Jan but if you have ticked remember passwords when you sign back in do they not pop in the box automatically? Its rare I get signed out of anything but sometimes you can in an app or website if there has been an update or change. I have one app where I occasionally have to retype in the email address and password but most it remembers them. To many different browsers, devices, sites and apps to put a finger on it.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 17-03-2020, 10:31 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I have been signed out a few times on the mac, contacted Apple support and was instructed to delete my email from the computer and then add it again, this I have had to do at least 4 times to be able to sign in with the same password. After that I can also sign back in on the kindle and phone.

I'm Jan
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 07:52

I have started to use an app called Securesafe it stores all my passwords and will come up with more secure ones if it considers a password too weak. The nice thing about it is I only have to remember one password.
It also works on my tablet and phone so add a new password on my PC it will also be be available on my other media.
It's not a password manager as I couldn't get on with those and it's a lot cheaper..

I am not on commission honest.

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.

Last edited by greygit; 19-03-2020 at 07:54.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 07:55 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygit View Post
I have started to use an app called Securesafe it stores all my passwords and will come up with more secure ones if it considers a password too weak. The nice thing about it is I only have to remember one password.
It also works on my tablet and phone so add a new password on my PC it will also be be available on my other media.
I am not on commission honest.

I can access all my passwords on the Apple, the email password I used was correct, it just would not accept it Gitty.
Allīs well again now using the same password.

I'm Jan
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 08:16

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yes, welcome to the modern world Jan. It's bloody madness to force everyone to use such a myriad of different formats and styles of passwords. I have ended up with four pages of different passwords for everything under the sun. The French don't help and can demand some unbelievable passwords.

I try not to change any even when it's suggested unless it's financial.

Ray.
erneboy and JanHank like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of Ģ750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 08:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
I can access all my passwords on the Apple, the email password I used was correct, it just would not accept it Gitty.
Allīs well again now using the same password.
That seams to happen a lot to me as well on Gmail I think it's their way on checking if its really you. I have had to change the password in the past in case it was me being stupid but now with my new app I know I'm right.
JanHank likes this.

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 13:41

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
use a password manager like LastPass, 1Password or similar - there are various browser and standalone versions which all work together. you only need to remember one password - the one for your personal vault - the program will save all your others and can be used in auto-login or manual log-in mode. they also have strong password generators so you can use very long unique passwords for each site you log into.

I've been using Last Pass for a few years now and I have no idea what most of my passwords are as the program looks after these.
JanHank likes this.

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page