14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 19:05

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
FATs will have to be tech support for that Jan. I dont use it. Chrome just remembers all mine and it works for me. I never have to login to anything usually.
That can be another problem Baz.
I have been logging into a site for several years and then one day it says we need more authentication and blocked me out. So then try and remember or find that password so you can set up two stage authentication. In the end I had to boot up an old PC I had kept as a back-up to find an old list of log in details to get in again. Whata pain.

Don't forget even the largest of secure sites get hacked and maybe six months later let you know your compromised.
Equifax, BA, Yahoo, Carfone Wearhouse, NHS, Facebook, Superdrug, Marriot my space, etc.

Ray.
greygit and barryd like this.

The FSA formerly SIB & PIA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifes savings. Guess what? He robbed us of 750,000. So they changed their name again to the FCA.
http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 19:23

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
Oh dear, its got very complicated, what does all this mean?

I have started with my WLAN password/number, but there is such a lot to do it will take me a week if I spend an hour a day I reckon
first screenshot - nothing there to worry about. just leave that and use as normal. and you don't usually need to store your WLAN pwd or number - if you want to create a secure note for it, rather than a password note. secure notes don't get used for logging in to sites - just a way of seurely storing information like bank account info, passports etc.

2nd screenshot - no idea as that's a Mac issue - I use Windoze or iOS.

and a tip - in the browser extension make sure you're logged in. every time you login in to a new site it will ask if you want to save that in LP - once done, next time you login in, LP will do it for you. if you change a pwd, it will ask if you want to save the new one. it all becomes easy in time

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
The Following User Says Thank You to fatbuddha For This Useful Post:
JanHank (19-03-2020)
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 19:38 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
FATs will have to be tech support for that Jan. I dont use it. Chrome just remembers all mine and it works for me. I never have to login to anything usually.
Same here, except the live mail does have these funny turns. If I clear history on PC or Kindle then I have to login to everything again, but they are all remembered so its just one click.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 19:43 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuddha View Post
first screenshot - nothing there to worry about. just leave that and use as normal. and you don't usually need to store your WLAN pwd or number - if you want to create a secure note for it, rather than a password note. secure notes don't get used for logging in to sites - just a way of seurely storing information like bank account info, passports etc.

2nd screenshot - no idea as that's a Mac issue - I use Windoze or iOS.

and a tip - in the browser extension make sure you're logged in. every time you login in to a new site it will ask if you want to save that in LP - once done, next time you login in, LP will do it for you. if you change a pwd, it will ask if you want to save the new one. it all becomes easy in time
I can take my time doing this then, doesn't have to be done all in one foul swoop?

I'm Jan
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 19:53

Quote:
I can take my time doing this then, doesn't have to be done all in one foul swoop?
sure - slow but sure. I've used LP for a few years and to me it's so instinctive to use now
barryd likes this.

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 20:00 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuddha View Post
sure - slow but sure. I've used LP for a few years and to me it's so instinctive to use now
Everything to do with computers is difficult for me, but I usually get there in the end, the old brain is a bit slower that your young one

I'm Jan
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 20:22

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,252 Times in 1,084 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Everything to do with computers is difficult for me, but I usually get there in the end, the old brain is a bit slower that your young one
I would say your pretty tech savvy now Jan. A few years ago not so much but you are into all sorts now.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 20:34 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
I would say your pretty tech savvy now Jan. A few years ago not so much but you are into all sorts now.
Thats kind of you to say so and I suppose considering I didn't know a thing about computers until I was 63 Im not doing too badly.

I was very impressed with myself today over another learning curve, I cancelled an appointment, told telecom I didn't want or need there mobile internet use @ 15 a month and had quite a long conversation with a young neighbour who I met while walking Motley this morning. It seems my 1 hour each morning on the Duolingo is waking up my brain and I am finding words I thought I had forgotten. I need conversational practice, this virus is preventing that.

I'm Jan
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 21:10

My Motorhome: Adria Coral 690SP
No Jan you don't have to put ALL the passwords in.........................make sure Lastpass is running...redbox in top corner with 3 dots....THEN as you log into a site it will ask do you want us to remember this site. In future it will automatically log you in.

If you click on the red box it gives you the option to add item.....................I choose secure note and then write banking details etc in whatever disguised form you normally

write them down. They won't log you in but you can find the information all in the same place

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

The best things in Life...........................are not Things !!

Life is really, really great ...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 19-03-2020, 21:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webby1 View Post
No Jan you don't have to put ALL the passwords in.........................make sure Lastpass is running...redbox in top corner with 3 dots....THEN as you log into a site it will ask do you want us to remember this site. In future it will automatically log you in.

If you click on the red box it gives you the option to add item.....................I choose secure note and then write banking details etc in whatever disguised form you normally

write them down. They won't log you in but you can find the information all in the same place
I think I said that at the top of the page.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page