User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-02-2020, 16:50 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Bluddy phone

Just noticed sending or replying e-mails via the phone ends up with a duplicate e-mail in the 'sent' box.
Something must have changed just recently somehow but can't see what.
Any ideas please?

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-02-2020, 17:31

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,040 Times in 903 Posts
Personal Aire
Dunno Ray. Is this on an Android phone? Try a different mail client maybe? I use Outlook for Android on mine and its fine but I use a different email system to you I imagine. If its AOL it could be that. I know some Yahoo accounts had a similar problem a while back but not sure if there was a solution. Download the Outlook App, see if its the same, if it is then its maybe an AOL issue if its not then its the phone or your current mail client app.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-02-2020, 17:42 Thread Starter

Yes Baz, Android on an HTC phone. Gmail is OK but it was OK last week. Yes it's AOL in the Mail app. But I dunno about changing everything as last time I ended up selling the old phone and buying the same because of the HTC mail app.
I have looked in the AOL menu and the Mail menu and can't see anything that indicates sending a duplicate. But it must be there somewhere.
Why do these things just appear.? We spend ages just trying to get back to square one.
It doesn't happen when sending or replying from the laptop or PC.

Not uncommon. https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/em...sent-messages/

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com

Last edited by raynipper; 22-02-2020 at 17:44.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-02-2020, 19:36

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
Personal Aire
that sounds like its Outlook on a PC though Ray. It sounds to me like it could be an issue between AOL and the Android mail app if Gmail is ok.

I have both the standard Android mail program running and Outlook on the phone so you could try another mail client and it shouldnt mess anything up. I would try the AOL forums first if there is one. Maybe someone else has had the same issue.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 22-02-2020, 19:39 Thread Starter

Ironically Baz, something has now changed with mhf today.
For the past two years when I read a post and returned to the menu or list, the post stayed highlighted until I 'refreshed' the page. But just today it's reverted to as it was over two years ago as when I read a page now it's greyed out again. Pluses and negs.

Ray.

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 23-02-2020, 07:15 Thread Starter

Nope, back again this morning to having to refresh the page to remove the highlighted topics.

Ray.

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 23-02-2020, 11:08

Personal Aire
I think you might be jinxed when it comes to technology Ray sadly

There are about three different versions of this site it seems when I connect on my phone. Mobile version, enhanced mobile version and the full version. You can usually get to them by scrolling down to the bottom of the page but be careful if you change versions, it can be a PIA changing back. maybe try a different browser. I am using Chrome on Android and the standard mobile version. Seems fine today

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 23-02-2020, 11:25 Thread Starter

Yes Baz, I guess your right, it's me.!!!!!
But I only ever use the PC to access any forum and things change without my input. It's not big deal but just nice when it works as it should.
Same as my phone. It's no big deal to have to delete duplicate mail as once again I rarely send via the phone but my wife , who has recently found this option, uses it more and more. You know how they like to chat pointlessly.??

Ray.
barryd likes this.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 23-02-2020, 11:47

Personal Aire
If its only sent items though Ray how often do you look at them? You might find it will just go away.
raynipper likes this.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 23-02-2020, 17:48 Thread Starter

Yes Baz. But I'm rarely a leave it and hope it will get better bloke. Usually it only gets worse.

Ray.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page