Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Bluddy phone

5K views 87 replies 8 participants last post by  barryd 
#1 ·
Just noticed sending or replying e-mails via the phone ends up with a duplicate e-mail in the 'sent' box.
Something must have changed just recently somehow but can't see what.
Any ideas please?

Ray.

#2 ·
Dunno Ray. Is this on an Android phone? Try a different mail client maybe? I use Outlook for Android on mine and its fine but I use a different email system to you I imagine. If its AOL it could be that. I know some Yahoo accounts had a similar problem a while back but not sure if there was a solution. Download the Outlook App, see if its the same, if it is then its maybe an AOL issue if its not then its the phone or your current mail client app.

#3 · (Edited)
Yes Baz, Android on an HTC phone. Gmail is OK but it was OK last week. Yes it's AOL in the Mail app. But I dunno about changing everything as last time I ended up selling the old phone and buying the same because of the HTC mail app.
I have looked in the AOL menu and the Mail menu and can't see anything that indicates sending a duplicate. But it must be there somewhere.
Why do these things just appear.? We spend ages just trying to get back to square one.
It doesn't happen when sending or replying from the laptop or PC.

Not uncommon. https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/email/two-copies-of-sent-messages/

Ray.

#4 ·
that sounds like its Outlook on a PC though Ray. It sounds to me like it could be an issue between AOL and the Android mail app if Gmail is ok.

I have both the standard Android mail program running and Outlook on the phone so you could try another mail client and it shouldnt mess anything up. I would try the AOL forums first if there is one. Maybe someone else has had the same issue.

#5 ·
Ironically Baz, something has now changed with mhf today.
For the past two years when I read a post and returned to the menu or list, the post stayed highlighted until I 'refreshed' the page. But just today it's reverted to as it was over two years ago as when I read a page now it's greyed out again. Pluses and negs.

Ray.

#6 ·
Nope, back again this morning to having to refresh the page to remove the highlighted topics.

Ray.

#7 ·
I think you might be jinxed when it comes to technology Ray sadly :(

There are about three different versions of this site it seems when I connect on my phone. Mobile version, enhanced mobile version and the full version. You can usually get to them by scrolling down to the bottom of the page but be careful if you change versions, it can be a PIA changing back. maybe try a different browser. I am using Chrome on Android and the standard mobile version. Seems fine today

#8 ·
Yes Baz, I guess your right, it's me.!!!!!:crying:
But I only ever use the PC to access any forum and things change without my input. It's not big deal but just nice when it works as it should.
Same as my phone. It's no big deal to have to delete duplicate mail as once again I rarely send via the phone but my wife , who has recently found this option, uses it more and more. You know how they like to chat pointlessly.??0:)

Ray.

Reactions: barryd
#10 ·
Yes Baz. But I'm rarely a leave it and hope it will get better bloke. Usually it only gets worse.

Ray.

#12 ·
Ahh Haa, so it's not only mee.
Yes it's no big problem and maybe it's only me being tidy and running through the last weeks mail deleting and tidying unnecessary data in an effort not to get too bogged down and clogged up.
But why all of a sudden?

Ray.

#14 ·
Yes Jan, AOL allows you to create as many folders as you want. But I seem to get so many communications from so many contacts I limit them to just some basic lists.
Mail from any year. 2010 and on.
Business.
Pensions.
Legal.
Medical.
Etc.

Ray.

#15 ·
Ray, you've got to give up on AOL - it's bad for your health!

All I know is that I use gmail, BTmail, hotmail, Thunderbird and Outlook - and they all work seamlessly. I have several gmail accounts that all forward incoming emails to my main gmail account and in turn they all sync to my Thunderbird account. When I get an incoming email to any of my accounts, my phone vibrates, my smart watch vibrates as well as my Xiaomi Mi4 Fitness Tracker. It's something to behold as I sit in my chair with everything around me vibrating!

#16 · (Edited)
Oh come on Peter, AOL gets blamed for just about everything because of the bad publicity it received in the early days when it was the largest mail platform with the most and sometimes disgruntled user clients.
You might have been believed if Jan and many others online haven't experienced the same duplicate problem using Outlook, Yahoo, BT etc. Even Apples phones.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...older-in/40e0e1a0-9d19-49f2-be30-dd34b23efa3a

Yes I would love to see all the bongs and buzzes but I'm sure they occasionally have their glitches and hangups as well now and again.

My PC went rogue this am. Took about 30 mins to fully boot up. Initially just a black screen with cursor and needed force closing down. Then it decided on it's own to check memory for 20 mins. Then updated drives and now up and running again.

Now for no accountable reason I have no sound on the monitor (A Samsung TV) It's not even listed in audio options today? Can have sound on external speakers but who all of a sudden are the monitor speakers not 'seen'.?

Ray.

#19 ·
But my new problem this am is after an update the Samsung monitor speakers are not 'seen' by the PC and therefore can't connect.
Might be an idea to roll back to an earlier time.

Ray.

#21 ·
Yep, dun all that and as the PC and TV Monitor only has one HDMI socket can't change em.
Been down Device Manager and it says Monitor and Audio drivers are the 'best' ones available.
I feel it's possibly a driver update that has caused it but can't narrow it down. Dun the driver checks as well as update checks and all says OK.
Lucky I have some 'spare' external speakers. But now have to remember to turn them on and off when finished for the day.

Ray.

#23 ·
Yep, dun all that again and now I find my AVG does not open? Weird and I wonder what else.

Ray.

#25 ·
You might just have a regular client here Baz. Although a quick rebuild of AVG and thats back working again.
But still no recognising the monitor speakers.

Ray.

#26 ·
I've said it before on other threads but a complete re-install / factory reset is often the best way to go. It's a complete pain in the backside but will nearly always resolve any software issues. Sometimes you have to be patient though if the problems have newly arisen from a software update etc. They will usually be resolved pretty quickly.

#27 ·
Yes Peter. It's probably gotta happen as and when any more problems arise. And yes it's a drawn out pain.
AVG is now solved and external speakers have solved the audio for now.
It wouldn't help the duplicate mail on the phone though.

Ray.

#28 ·
Moving on, I bought a new 'smart' phone last week unbelievably cheap.! OK I realise I am inviting grumpy people to criticise and tell me it must be crap at that price. But nothing ventured nothing gained. Like Korean cars when they first came onto the markets.

Anyway imho it's brilliant at £65 delivered from China. It's 6.7" screen, Android 10, dual SIM, Picks up 5G etc, finger and face recognition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-7-S21-...var=641790670511&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

But although I do get notifications of incoming mail, messages, etc. on the top tool bar I'm missing not seeing the message count in the relevant icon.
Any ideas please?

Ray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.