Wireless printer recommendations please? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 26-09-2019, 13:00

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I am glad that you agree with me Jean, it doesn't happen often but when it does it makes me happy.
And me!!

I agree re laser printers. I had one, lasted years, was still going strong but I'd no room for it. Couldn't get anyone to take it, ended up in the dump much to my consternation.

Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 26-09-2019, 13:52

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Ironically I have just taken our kitchen rubbish bag to the bin at the end of our lane and looked inside to see an old HP all in one someone has dumped in there. Electronics are supposed to be deposited (free) at our dump.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 26-09-2019, 14:18

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,017 Times in 882 Posts
Personal Aire
I had a really good Lexmark colour laser printer about a year ago that I took off a site where I was replacing and binning some old stuff. I think it cost a couple of grand about ten years ago at least. Worked perfectly. Couldnt give it away. Weight about as much as an elephant. Went to the tip.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 26-09-2019, 14:54

Luckily all the dump/tips here in Normandy are all free to use and have designated bins for cardboard, plastic, metal, brick and branches that all get recycled. There are also cages for electrical goods and technology that get taken away for export. It's a brilliant system only let down by people trying to reverse trailers to the bins and bringing the whole place to a standstill.

Also there is no problem if you choose to reclaim or take some item away for your personal use. We have acquired six large plastic garden tables and 30 chairs for the several times a year garden events we hold.

Plus the odd bike to display.

Ray.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bike me.JPG (734.6 KB, 5 views)
patp and nickkdx like this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com

Last edited by raynipper; 26-09-2019 at 14:59.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 26-09-2019, 15:14 Thread Starter

I have an HP Printer that keeps playing up which is why I thought I would get a new wireless one. Reading some of the reviews about people not buying a new cartridge but dumping the whole printer because it was actually cheaper has really scared me.

Because we are Self Building I need to print and scan and I do it occasionally for other domestic stuff.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 26-09-2019, 15:32

Most new printers are loss leaders Pat and it's the ink where manufacturers make their profits. My Epson always tells me it has detected non Epson inks have been installed and do I want to continue? What a daft question.
My last HP a Deskjet 3050 wouldn't even recognise genuine and expensive HP replacement inks. I gave up in the end and it's all boxed up for anyone else to try that wants to as I am now converted to Epson.

Ray.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page