Win 10 update took 4.5 hours. - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 11:48 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
I think, to the uninitiated, that sounds like conflicting advice Ray.

I assume the Win7 that's used as a storage hard drive is never connected to WiFi?
Yes Jean, my backup PC can connect to update anti virus and Windows updates still but rarely gets connected to the net. 5 mins a month. As Barry says it's still supported till next year.
It's also handy when my main PC has problems and old passwords are needed before it will come to life.

Just found resetting has deleted Windows Photo Viewer as Microsoft says 'Photos' is better for everyone. Bloody cheek as I was very comfortable with Photo Viewer so needed to find and reinstall again.

Ray.
patp likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 18:15

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper EK TB LP
Personal Aire
Just got through the Win 10 upgrade on my laptop I use while away in the van, taken several hours but then again the C&MC wifi is not too fast.
Buggered up my graphics card and AMD settings, think I will stick with Win 7 on my home PC.

Barry
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 19:27 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yes Barry, I have heard and read of a few horror stories of the Win 10 upgrade and also their later updates. Seems virtually every one causes some untoward problem.

I'm OK with one original PC that came with Win 10 and two upgraded ones. But it's the later surprise updates to a later version that can catch me out.

I was wondering about playing with one of these...………………..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-PC-I...53.m1438.l2649

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 06:24

I recently reinstalled windows 10 pro on my laptop something that I had been putting off for some time as it's quite time consuming. I now wish I had done it some time ago as it is now so much faster so reinstalls and updates aren't always disastrous.
raynipper likes this.

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page