Three trouble - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 13:25 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Three trouble

I have a 12GB sim and have only used 500mb since I started using it to test it worked in May.
On Saturday when I did need it it didn't work in the TP-Link Mobile Wifi so I contacted them through Amazon where I bought it.
They really are being very helpful, but its still not working. I have now put it in a different device, 4G Huawei play and it still doesn't work.
Three are asking me :-
Can you enter these APN settings in your Wifi device:
1. Reset your APN to default and ensure data roaming is ON
2. Update the APN settings:
APN Name: 3
Username: three.co.uk
Password: blank

I haven't got a clue what this means, but I have used Polish and Czeck SIM cards in this device without problem, why would I need to go through this palaver?
Your help would be much appreciated,
Orange at Christmas, that sort of thing

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 17:37

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
When did you get it Jan? Its not a two month thing thats expired or something is it? maybe you should try contacting three themselves if that is possible.

Was it purchased in Germany or has it come from the UK as there was a limit I believe on some of these sims of two months roaming out of the country it was bought in but Im no expert as I dont use them. Just what I have picked up on.

For those settings I think you will need to login to the Mifi menu on a browser by putting in the IP address at the top of the browser (Safari / google chrome etc) probably something like 192.168.1.1. There will be something in the manual probably but I suspect your right, I bet its not that. I think its maybe been blocked or expired. As its not in a phone you wouldnt get any notification. Call "3".

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 17:52

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Did you register it on the 3 website Jan?

If not, you could do that now.

I can see I've loads of data but it doesn't seem to be working very well recently - maybe I've been away too long. Certainly the giffgaff (in the phone) allows me 63 days I think before they start charging me - they charge less if I have a current goodybag but still charge.

Jean

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 17:56

My Motorhome: Adria Coral 690SP
Is it one of the 12gb for 12 months sims. Can you use it in the original device.

I'm almost sure that the 12gb sims have a time limit on usage abroad...........if it first logged usage in May then that will have set the clock ticking no matter that you did not use any data...................it then needs to be used in UK to reset.

Otherwise log on a Barry said and try to work out the settings as you describe.................the 3 contact centre are usually very helpful.

Actually rethinking..............if first used in May it should still be valid in June..................log on and try to change the settings

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

The best things in Life...........................are not Things !!

Life is really, really great …...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!

Last edited by Webby1; 12-06-2019 at 17:58.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 18:41 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I have just come off the phone 1 hour 40 mins, their call not mine, Ahmed was trying his hardest to help me, we have been everywhere both on the Kindle and on Safari, sim in the TP-Link and then the Huawei devices, but the correct window will not come up on these http://198 etc. He checked for coverages in this area, 3-4 G. The device has been reset, but still nothing.
He advised me to send it back for a refund. Very strange how it worked well for 500mb when I was testing it in a few places when we were out and about, when I really wanted it buddy fing didn't work.

Ahmed spoke excellent English, there was only a very slight accent that I thought was South African, but his family come from Bangladesh, not sure if he has ever even been there.

Its 12 GB by the way and doesn't expire until next May if I don't use up all 12 GB.

I'm Jan

Last edited by JanHank; 12-06-2019 at 18:43.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 18:56

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
Hi Jan I could talk you through it (when I'm sober tomorrow) but possibly the easiest thing is to reset your mifi. There will be a hole somewhere to insert a pin or the end of a paper clip. Maybe have to take the battery out. Hold it in for a few seconds, when it reboots it should pick up the details from your Sim card. Good luck

Dick
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 19:13 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glandwr View Post
Hi Jan I could talk you through it (when I'm sober tomorrow) but possibly the easiest thing is to reset your mifi. There will be a hole somewhere to insert a pin or the end of a paper clip. Maybe have to take the battery out. Hold it in for a few seconds, when it reboots it should pick up the details from your Sim card. Good luck

Dick
We did reset it Dick, but still didn't work.

I'm Jan
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 19:55

Have you any messages Jan?
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 20:09

Oops sorry Jan didn't realize you had it in a phone/tablet. If you bought it as a data sim maybe you need to put it in a mifi.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 20:15

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
They won't connect it in a phone, even if it's a dual sim phone and you only wnat that sim for data. God knows why.

I bought one on Amazon a year or so ago and 3 simply refused to connect it because they said the imei told them it was in a phone.

Weird or what? I can find the thread if you'd like me to. Put it in a mifi or an ipad and I expect it might work.

Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their own free will.
Joseph Goebbels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page