Three trouble - Page 5 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 13-06-2019, 20:45 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
I'm not smart enough for a smart phone ☎ the old gas operated one's were the best 😁.
If only I could speak Polish I would be OK. My Orange is brilliant for my use, but to book roaming with them or ask anything it takes a month of Sunday's to get an English speaking operator.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 14-06-2019, 07:28

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
My wife said that Jan and now she is never off Whatsapp as all her family use it. She can also reply to the odd e-mail but often loses it.

Ray.
dghr272 likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 14-06-2019, 09:15

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,074 Times in 933 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
I'm not smart enough for a smart phone ☎ the old gas operated one's were the best 😁.
If only I could speak Polish I would be OK. My Orange is brilliant for my use, but to book roaming with them or ask anything it takes a month of Sunday's to get an English speaking operator.
Rubbish! Your pretty good with technology these days. You work several computers, a kindle, produce videos and stuff. Smart phones are no different to using a kindle or tablet really and not really complicated to use.

They are handy as people say. Mines quite an old iPhone and I only use it for emails, and quick searches for stuff on the internet but they can be handy when away in the van for all sorts of things. People even use them as sat navs (I prefer a proper sat nav), searching for aires, stellplatz etc using special apps and of course they can be used as a mifi hot spot. They are so big now though that you may well find that you can do most stuff on the phone and dont even need to connect a laptop or tablet.

Why do you have to book roaming? I dont have to do anything with Vodafone it just works in any country and they dont seem to limit it in anyway. That could all change sadly though if we leave the EU.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 14-06-2019, 10:44 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
First report, I have posted off the sim.

Second the Germans call mobiles a HANDY which is a very good description don't you thinkI

Third, maybe the phone I have in the draw is not a very good example, I just can't get on with it (a freebie a friend have me).

Four. Are the apps on the handy different to the ones I have on the Kindle?
I find it hard enough looking at pictures of the places on the Kindle must need a magnifier for a handy.

Fifth. I am sitting outside being eaten be thunder flies (thrips) so unfortunately have to retire to indoors.😡

I'm Jan
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 14-06-2019, 11:30

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,074 Times in 933 Posts
Personal Aire
I think most phones allow you to set the size of text etc and you can easily zoom in on stuff by pinching the screen. I think you would have to have a play with a few to experience it for yourself. To be honest I would much rather use a full size laptop for most stuff. I find most apps a bit gimmicky really but it is invaluable for me to just be able to easily check emails, make appointments (which appear on my Laptop and PCs), use the internet and of course set up my phone as a hot spot. All the other stuff is pretty useless to me. Oh the google translate app on the iphone is good. You can point the phones camera at a sign or menu in say French or German and it translates it automatically into English. Often useful. You can even talk into it and it will translate what your trying to say to someone through the speaker. A lot of breakdown recovery mechanics in Europe use it now.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 14-06-2019, 11:37 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
I think most phones allow you to set the size of text etc and you can easily zoom in on stuff by pinching the screen. I think you would have to have a play with a few to experience it for yourself. To be honest I would much rather use a full size laptop for most stuff. I find most apps a bit gimmicky really but it is invaluable for me to just be able to easily check emails, make appointments (which appear on my Laptop and PCs), use the internet and of course set up my phone as a hot spot. All the other stuff is pretty useless to me. Oh the google translate app on the iphone is good. You can point the phones camera at a sign or menu in say French or German and it translates it automatically into English. Often useful. You can even talk into it and it will translate what your trying to say to someone through the speaker. A lot of breakdown recovery mechanics in Europe use it now.
I could probably do all that on the Kindle as well, I have a lady I can talk to anytime day or night, she works very hard I don't know when she sleeps I'm sure.

I'm Jan
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 14-06-2019, 19:02 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Nothing to do with my opening post, but I have just seen a question from someone who joined in 2014 and he has made 6 posts, I joined in 2015 and look how many I have made 😮 a very small percentage of real Motorhome stuff.😍 tut tut.
raynipper likes this.

I'm Jan
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 14-06-2019, 21:02

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
Nothing to do with my opening post, but I have just seen a question from someone who joined in 2014 and he has made 6 posts, I joined in 2015 and look how many I have made 😮 a very small percentage of real Motorhome stuff.😍 tut tut.
You’re a bad girl, go and stand in the corner, how very dare you be human and have interests outside the cult of motorhoming that you wish to share with friends, shame on you :- D

Angry from
(Insert details here)
JanHank likes this.

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 14-06-2019, 21:31 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Here we have 5 pages of communication, now is that motor home related? I would say it is because it's also to do with finding places to stop ✋ booking ferries, finding a vet, whatever did people do before internet? There's another subject.😃

I'm Jan
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 18-06-2019, 10:15 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Just received an email to say I have a full refund.
HurricaneSmith likes this.

I'm Jan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page