Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Bluddy updates.

6K views 69 replies 7 participants last post by  raynipper 
#1 ·
As if it wasn't bad enough getting updates from Microsoft messing up all your settings in Windows. Now after getting an update on my Android phone it's decided to reverse all the tabs in settings.
Airplane mode now 'on'.
Wi-Fi now 'off'.
Bluetooth now 'off'.
Mobile data now 'off'.

I wonder what other settings it's decided to change for me.?

Ray.

#2 ·
As if it wasn't bad enough getting updates from Microsoft messing up all your settings in Windows. Now after getting an update on my Android phone it's decided to reverse all the tabs in settings.
Airplane mode now 'on'.
Wi-Fi now 'off'.
Bluetooth now 'off'.
Mobile data now 'off'.

I wonder what other settings it's decided to change for me.?

Ray.
Check that it has not switched off your pacemaker.

Maybe too late.

#3 ·
Ah, now theres a though Geoff. My hearing aids have been a little intermittent recently and the microwave did stop in mid cycle.

Ray.

#4 ·
Bluddy phone has done it again.
This am no new mail or notifications showing at all.
Checked and again all the 'sliders' had been reversed?
It's taking over.

Ray.

#5 ·
Latest Microsoft update changed my AOL.co.uk mail to AOL.com yesterday so American news. Plus I now can't arrange all my open pages along the top of the screen. It's decided I only want one open at a time?

It's taking over.

Ray.

#7 ·
Thanks Jean. I thrive on encouragement and bucking the trend.
Microsoft sorted but Paypal and PO Credit Cards still to sort.

Ray.

#9 ·
Jan just pointed out that as my old CC is no longer valid Paypal can't take the £12 fee off that. So maybe 2 out of 3.??

Ray.

#11 ·
Do you think that you and tech are not best suited Ray?

Reactions: raynipper
#12 ·
There are times Kev that manufacturers or developers create something telling us we need it when all the time it only serves to bolster their own coffers.
I'm sure the world is awash with pointless creations hyped up just before Christmas as the latest 'must have' gizmo relegated the that jumble drawer.

But my main beef is just when my PC or phone is performing as I like it, along comes another 'update' and changes things around. This invariably wastes hours and sometimes days in getting everything back to where is was before being 'improved'

Ray.

#13 ·
I agree Ray, and all this increased complexity is in time to be figured out by my decreasing brain cells. we're all doomed.

#14 ·
It's happened again last night.
All my regular sites I log into all need my log in details again. The printer won't communicate with the PC again. A couple of icons have been moved and some missing from the toolbar.

Grrrrrrr
Ray.

#15 ·
It's enough to give one a heart attack early in the morning when booting up it goes into a dither and a message appears telling you to wait. And then you hold your breath.

Ray.

#16 ·
At least you have something to update, not had a puter for 6 weeks.

#17 ·
Wot no spares Kev. I know your trying to get a replacement for your main laptop so guess your on a desktop or tablet.

Ray.

#19 ·
I can't bring myself to leave my computers on all the time Jan. Maybe it's my wartime economy thinking or I do feel they benefit from cooling down now and again.
My other problem is my wife has extremely acute hearing and would complain about the whirring or buzzing noises beneath the bedroom.

Ray.

#21 ·
No Ray, i have a Samsung tablet A, its ipad sized without the expense, it does most things.

My old laptop was virtually silent, just the fan very occasionally, i went for the Acer aspire on Barrys advise last time, need to ask again.

#23 ·
Is she Highley strung perhaps.

#25 ·
😇😇😇

#26 ·
Sailing along for months just clicking the odd icon on the toolbar to instantly open any site I regularly use. Suddenly it all changes. Now after months of not having to enter ID or initial log on details it's asking for all my details again. Like an account number I didn't have to remember because Edge did. Took me ages to find and enter it again and now every time I want to access a bank.

"New & Improved" springs to mind. Anything New & Improved usually costs more to bring you out in a rash or itching in places you can't reach.
Whats wrong with leaving things as they are and happy customers. I guess Edge in Win 10 has been "New & Improved" for a better client experience. Thats gobbledygook for mucked about by people who don't live in the real world.

No I didn't just clear all my cookies. If I had it would remember after one access but no something has changed causing me to venture into every option of every menu and tab. Often this route changes other things and just makes it all worse.
I did notice Edge has repositioned itself along the other end of the toolbar and bringing it back to the familiar spot just creates two icons the same.

I tried to help another elderly widow to book a covid jab appointment but even changing browsers the jab site immediately recognised me and would not allow me to book again for someone else.
Then theres the two stage verification hurdle again. I never know which of our two phones a site will send the code to. Guaranteed it's the one in my wifes handbag out shopping.

These are real day to day problems that could drive one to consider 'self harm'. There's lots more but these are just a synopsis of todays trials.

Ray.

#27 ·
Raymond, please don't sit on the fence, tell us how you feel, trust me I'm not a doctor.

#28 ·
It's dun it again.
Just thought I would see if my All in One PC needed updating as it's painfully slow and hasn't been booted for a while.
Yes some updates were needed. Only small ones and not the major Microsoft one.
It did take about an hour to download and install but after clicking Restart Now it's now 12 hours and still has the circle of dots going round and round. I do remember seeing a note not to turn off as it was updating but will it ever?

Ray.

#29 ·
Switched off in the end and then rebooted. Get the message "Getting Windows ready" another 20 mins to be told "Could not complete update and undoing changes".
So back to square one after 12 hours. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Ray.

#30 ·
But at least it is actually working all be it agonisingly slow. But great for the occasional back up.

Ray.

#32 ·
Ha ha, yes agreed Jean but havent got another 12 hours to p about.

Ray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.