4K TV quandary. - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 13:28

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
As a bit of an aside, is ANY tv now transmitted in 3D?? Don’t think I have seen a 3D tele in any shops for a long time!

Andy

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if it’s in a caravan!) I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 15:12

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
I think it was yet another technology progress that fell short in users opinion.....

I have not seen any ad for 3D TV programmes and the number of 3D films also seem to be less obvious now...

I suspect that due to a lack of demand such things will never get off the ground.

Thinking of; Mavis, Ray, Sandra and Albert at this time.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 18:39 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
You have a 70" TV Ray and its not big enough?
Wont you need to reinforce the house foundations for anything bigger?
I like big teles. Always have always will and as we age and our faculties wane it's very nice to be able to watch a good clear tele from 8 to 10m away.
Some people spend on other pleasures but when we are home the tele is on for maybe 6 to 8 hours. Not always watching but wife likes a noise all the time.
Sports are great and when Wimbledon is on I can read the washing instructions on the ladies undies.

Your right Dave. Both our recent large 'smart' TVs have 3D and we have never even selected that option.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 19:12

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
I think it's only when you've gone to a very large TV that you realise quite how small other TV's are. And that is a problem because if you've got smaller TV's as well they seem inadequate. That's certainly what's happened with us - we got a 65" TV last year and suddenly the other (smaller) TV's in the house seemed inadequate and so we've been replacing them.
Ozzyjohn and raynipper like this.

Peter
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-03-2019, 09:18

My Motorhome: 2000 Autotrail Mohican on Sprinter base
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
We bought a 43'' 4K TV when we moved, still have the 40'' one in the conservatory, which will get used with a firestick, it's not 4K but HD is more than good enough, to be honest, digital TV is pretty crap compared to analog unless it was filmed with a proper camera, anything fast moving seems jerky as digital cannot keep up, even on the 4K TV, clear as a bell otherwise, as we have Virgins fast fibre interweb.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-03-2019, 10:04

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
I like big teles. Always have always will and as we age and our faculties wane it's very nice to be able to watch a good clear tele from 8 to 10m away.
Some people spend on other pleasures but when we are home the tele is on for maybe 6 to 8 hours. Not always watching but wife likes a noise all the time.
Sports are great and when Wimbledon is on I can read the washing instructions on the ladies undies.

Your right Dave. Both our recent large 'smart' TVs have 3D and we have never even selected that option.

Ray.
Just sit closer to the the telly then you will get away with an old Cathode Ray TV. Remember them? I still have one. A luxury 28" Sony Surround sound job ill have you know! Ive not switched it on for a few years mind but the sound is way better than the modern one we have in the back lounge. It might be a collectors item by now and worth a fortune. I would take to the sale room but I cannot lift it. I think I got it for free years ago when telly's decided to go all flat. Dont you need those funny cardboard glasses for 3D TV?

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-03-2019, 10:28 Thread Starter

We frequently see people at French boot sales lug enormous CRT teles to try and sell week after week and they can't get €5 for them. Likewise old flatbed scanners and big radios and tape players. They all end up in the tip.

Our dining table is 7 or 8m from the tv and when my wife is cooking in the kitchen or ironing 10m away she can still watch old B&W repeats.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-03-2019, 10:36

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Barry,

Are you aware that the BBC has now started broadcasting a new Channel called BBC 2 and even......

they are doing some broadcasts in COLOUR ?

Sadly in order to pick up the wireless signal you will need a big aerial and it has to be the proper one, using an old metal clothes hanger bent to shape.....

I suspect that the BBC and the independent one (never watch it as ads for Oxo with that woman Katie "giving that meal man appeal" recall bug me after 17 years of her). Not sure Denis Waterman is any better.

Just to remind you of how things used to be - for your large TV.
barryd, raynipper and Pudsey_Bear like this.

Thinking of; Mavis, Ray, Sandra and Albert at this time.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 16-03-2019, 00:16

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
Barry,

Are you aware that the BBC has now started broadcasting a new Channel called BBC 2 and even......

they are doing some broadcasts in COLOUR ?

Sadly in order to pick up the wireless signal you will need a big aerial and it has to be the proper one, using an old metal clothes hanger bent to shape.....

I suspect that the BBC and the independent one (never watch it as ads for Oxo with that woman Katie "giving that meal man appeal" recall bug me after 17 years of her). Not sure Denis Waterman is any better.

Just to remind you of how things used to be - for your large TV.
Yeah but its all crap Dave. I hardly watch any live TV anymore. I would rather download an entire series from wherever and watch it on my laptop if I have nothing better to do. Ive recently bought a synthesiser so Im busy being a Pianist now.

Ray. It never cease to amaze be the crap the French seem to think they can fetch money for at their boot sales.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 16-03-2019, 07:29 Thread Starter

Yep, it's an eye opener Barry. Like their second hand car prices and old barns.
When you query the price you always get the same reply "It cost megabucks when new" But it's not new now, Gallic shrug.

Ray.
barryd likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page