Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Autoroute 2013 licensing initialisation error 0xC004D301

21K views 124 replies 12 participants last post by  jiwawa 
#1 ·
I used Autoroute 2013 successfully when away in the motorhome recently.

I tried to start it up yesterday and got the error message licensing initialisation error 0xC004D301 and it won't even open.

I've looked online and apparently it could be solved very easily by MS taking over your computer and running a fix-it script - but this was in the days when AR was still supported. It may still be possible but could involve a very long conversation with MS in the States. Apparently the script had an expiry coded into it :-( and, surprise, surprise, it seems that the script is nowhere available for download....unless anyone knows differently.

This may be the first time I've had the computer online since I last used Autoroute, and I was prompted to update Adobe (Acrobat?) which I did. Could that have anything to do with it?

Any ideas out there? I know a good number of us still use AR.

#2 ·
As it does not work on Apple, I am not using mine, I do hope when I need it I will find it is ok. Just thought will switch on my notebook now and check for you.
Yes on my Asus win 10 it is working fine.not used it for a long time, about to set up a windows on this machine and load it , will let you know how I get on.Have you tried uninstalling and re installing it.Do you have the disk.

cabby

#6 ·
I discovered the uninstall in Win10 in the Control Panel - maybe that's always been there but the right-click>Uninstall (I think!) is no longer there.

Anyway, I did the uninstall/reinstall – same problem :-(

During the install there was a message to say AR 2013 requires the installation of a Hotfix for MS Windows and I hoped that was to solve the problem, but no.

Anyone else having/had the same problem?

#7 ·
#8 ·
Thanks Barry - mine defaulted to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft AutoRoute 2013 and I just accepted that. There was a file Activate.exe within that folder so I tried running that - no difference.

Can you suggest which folder I should try? Thanks.

#12 ·
No solution yet cabby.

I have the files on my hard drive - I managed to find them online somewhere when they were no longer in my Amazon locker (I'd bought at the beginning of - was it 2015?)

There are 2 exe files, one DVDRun and one Setup_AR. I used the Setup file.

I did try installing to the documents folder, as barry had suggested re another error elsewhere but then I couldn't see the files anywhere, nor could I find them with Search, but Control Panel was telling me it was there. Nothing for it but to uninstall again.

I will try again - I don't think I had stopped my antivirus (Vipre) when I installed so I shall try that.

At the momet I've the engineer in looking at the house boiler - no shower this morning as running the hot water sends all the heat to my radiators and the water is freezing!!

#13 ·
Well, I tried that - installing with Vipre turned off. Same result.

I guess there's nothing for it but to phone MS support. I was looking at options for calling US and 18185.co.uk seemed to be the best at 1p/min if I'm reading it correctly.

What a pain.

#16 · (Edited)
Cabby, I've 2 folders (Autorte and GPSDrvrs) and 5 files (Autorun.inf, DVDRun.exe, Readme, Setup_AR.exe, Setup_AR.ini) in the downloaded folder ARX_2013; sounds the same as yours? I don't know what the DVDRun.exe is but I was running the Setup_AR.exe.

Did you run the fresh install as Administrator? Also after you have first installed it try right clicking on the shortcut to start the program and again run as administrator. IT could be that the initial startup where it verifies the licence needs Admin privileges that your user account (despite it appearing to have them ) does not.
Last time I installed to the folder C:\Users\Jean\Documents\Autoroute Prog Files but when I look there there is nothing. But Control Panel tells me that Autoroute is installed.

I shall uninstall again, reinstall to its default folder and try the right-click/Admin bit tho I think I may have tried that before….

How do I actually do the install as Admin Barry? (Sorry - found out how!)

#15 ·
Did you run the fresh install as Administrator? Also after you have first installed it try right clicking on the shortcut to start the program and again run as administrator. IT could be that the initial startup where it verifies the licence needs Admin privileges that your user account (despite it appearing to have them ) does not.

#20 ·
Yes, I've read a good few of these Barry. I can't understand why MS didn't put the file out there for use (without the built-in expiry) after they lost interest in the program. That seems just b*****minded to me.
What happens if you use dvd run.

cabby
My computer's 'doing a Ray' at the moment cabby - I was rebooting between uninstall n reinstall and it's gone into a funk 'Preparing to configure Windows. Don't turn off your computer'. With that mesmerising set of balls circling.....

#21 ·
I'm losing the will to live :-(

Turned of AV, ran DVDRun.exe as admin - don't think I've mentioned before that I get the 'licensing error' message at the end of the install, and also the uninstall, as well as when I try to run the program.

So, yes I got the error on installing and on trying to run even though I ran the Activate exe (as Admin)

:-( :-(

#25 ·
Hi. I Just wondered if there was any update on this autoroute issue.

I last used Autoroute a couple of weeks ago and have used it regularly on Windows 8 /10 with no problems for the last couple of years (2013 version)
I Tried using it yesterday and I receive the same message as jiwawa.
I have been through everything suggested on here ..... Apart from phoning support in USA.

Any help gratefully received :-(

Thanks in advance

Mary

#26 ·
Strangely enough Mary, I had completely forgotten about my problem - till I was reading another post on MHF earlier this evening about a place near Santander and I wanted to pinpoint it on the map.

Tried to open AR and of course it's not there! Tried re-installing again; same error. Which appears also on uninstalling.

I have a malware scanner working at the moment to see if there's anything there.

I had intended phoning MS but forgot. I will get round to it sometime....

In the meantime, if anyone else has the problem and, more importantly, the answer - do let us know!

#28 ·
Hi Cabby.
I am running Windows 10. I bought a product code for the 2013 edition from Microsoft and downloaded the mapping from the website. I had previously been using an earlier edition on an old laptop.
As I said Autoroute has run perfectly on this for the last few years .... Until a couple of days ago.
Today I also put the laptop back to an earlier restore point. This made no difference.

I would be grateful for any other ideas.

Thanks for your time.

Mary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.