Bluddy e-mail providers. - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 15-09-2013, 18:04 Thread Starter

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Bluddy e-mail providers.

I have had this e-mail address for at least 10 years. Now all of a sudden they are pulling the plug. So much for free for life promises.

Of course any alternative address's are nothing like the original.

Ray.

The domain for your email address charleswindsor@london.com will expire!

We are very sorry to inform you that your domain will no longer be available, which means you won’t be able to log in with your email address charleswindsor@london.com from September 28th, 2013.

In order to save your emails you need to create a new alias address for charleswindsor@london.com (see instructions below). Please inform your contacts about your new address because from September 28th, 2013 you won’t be able to send or receive emails using charleswindsor@london.com.

Continue with your new email!

To continue using our service with a new email address but keeping the personal emails, contacts and files you have in charleswindsor@london.com you need to create an alias address:

Get your alias address now!

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 15-09-2013, 18:49

Hi.

Are you sure it's not phishing?...

ray.

An old cowboy died and left his ranch to his three boys. They named the ranch "Focus", because it's where the sons raise meat. .. . . ray......
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 15-09-2013, 19:59 Thread Starter

Yes Ray.
It was from the 'mail.com' messages.
They have just arbitrarily pulled the plug.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 15-09-2013, 20:15

That's strange, we have had an email from o2 to say that as from November they will no longer use email addresses so we will have to find another provider.

Needless to say our o2.co.uk addresses are the ones that we have given to all our internet users, a night on the computer changing/notifying I think, just what I wanted.

Jerry
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 15-09-2013, 20:22

My Motorhome: Carthago Chic i47
Personal Aire
That was an interesting email address Ray

Lots of email addresses seem to be changing. I have a hotmail account that has been taken over by Microsoft so now it is part of outlook and its not nearly as user friendly. Outlook is very office based and I have endless problems with it.

Cheryl
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 15-09-2013, 21:03 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chermic
That was an interesting email address Ray

Lots of email addresses seem to be changing. I have a hotmail account that has been taken over by Microsoft so now it is part of outlook and its not nearly as user friendly. Outlook is very office based and I have endless problems with it.
I used it to impress my American friends with some references to myself from himself.....

Ray.

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 15-09-2013, 21:08

My Motorhome: Hymer B644GL
sorry to hear of the agro

The way to do it is to register your own domain name and use that for email services, that way you have total control and nobody can ever take it away from you, unless you don't pay the few quid it costs every couple of years in which case the domain name would be returned to the pool. i would never rely on someone else, i have free mailboxes/email addresses from isps etc, but i simply don't need/use them, if i changed isp i'd loose that address.

I registered several in 2002, some i pay a few quid a year for a provider to host the mail boxes, the others i host on my own mail servers, but even if the host disappeared; i just point the email addresses to my servers or a different provider, but i can never loose the addresses.

Lee
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 15-09-2013, 21:13

Hi.

Now I wonder if this would happen with BT.. Me thinks not.!. Saying that they have closed the "Digital Vault", we will keep all your documents and photos safe for you, oh yer!..

ray

An old cowboy died and left his ranch to his three boys. They named the ranch "Focus", because it's where the sons raise meat. .. . . ray......
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 15-09-2013, 21:26

Get your own domain

I agree entirely with lgbzone. Register your own domain name (the bit after the "@") to keep your own, personalised addresses. The domain name can be used to redirect emails anywhere you like. I have changed ISP several times without changing email addresses and I can provide a similar service for other family members.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 13-10-2018, 14:33 Thread Starter

It's been a while but my now web based AOL is causing me some anguish after a long time behaving.
Seems it only stays connected for minutes or half an hour. Then I get a message "Ooopps something has gone wrong" and I can't access mail.

I can access gmail and the forums and have rebooted both PC and router. It started to mess about yesterday and maybe after another Windows 10 update. But can't be sure of that connection.

Another change I have noticed is that some web pages don't display as they used to?

Ray.

Last edited by raynipper; 13-10-2018 at 14:48.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page