Geist Phantom water leek under the truma heater - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 18:57 Thread Starter

Geist Phantom water leek under the truma heater

Geist Phantom 2006 on a merc....

Dose anyone know what the two pipes under the truma heater are for. they are under the floor on the outside.... yes theres a leek from them when the water is presurised!! and I guess mr frost has got at them.... what surprised me there's no sign of a frost dump valve which I find very strange.... its not my truck... just that I'm going to have to fix it on site tomorrow so if anybody knows exactley where theses pipes come from and go to may be.... my first thourght the pipes are the dump point for the frost valve and perhaps the manual water dump.... but theres water comeing out of them, so i understand it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 19:38

Under the boiler at the LHS is a temperature sensitive dump valve similar to what is fitted on most vans. Slightly in front and to the right of this is a manual water dump valve it's like a toddle switch. I don't know where the pipes go but as I remember they drain underneath the boiler. If you want me to take and post a photo I will do so. Good luck.

Frank.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 19:43 Thread Starter

Thanks Frank just usefull to know

Not to worry if you don't have any pictures at hand... Your description is fine for me ta

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 20:24

Here is a photo you can just see the manual dump toddle valve at the front, under the wood, and the thermostatic controlled one at the left.

Click on picture to enlarge it and you will see the manual one with the red pipes at the front and you can just see the red top of the auto one on the left with a white cable near.

Frank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg geist_dump_valves_863.jpg (72.7 KB, 4 views)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 20:37 Thread Starter

Yes thanks Frank just had similar pic from the truck that has the fault, looks like they have a trama c3000 series and you have the c6000 series and there's no evidence of the control wires for the frost dump valve you have.... So I don't think they have the frost dump, my punt is they have a faulty water dump switch... Still thanks a lot for your help at least I can see what I need to take with me... Best regards Clive
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 19:14 Thread Starter

..... And the result of the issue...... Was the cold Water dump switch/tap was faulty and was always open.... Tap repaired and all was better.... Just a note I also was asked to have a look at the leasure battery as it was not holding charge.... Cause the battery was dry, and would require topping up with destilled water.... Not much point as the battery is old and proberley damaged as well, so the reminder is to keep a check on your battery electrolyte levels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page