Geist - anyone any views - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 26-10-2011, 13:04 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: LMC
Personal Aire
Geist - anyone any views

Has anyone any views or experience off Geist Motorhomes or / and Camper uk at Birtley as after long searching and deliberation this is what we are thinking of changing to - right layout and good payload being the reasons. Love to hear from anyone with any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 26-10-2011, 13:46

Can't say personally but there have been some very good reports on here about camper Camper UK especially from Sonesta.

joe
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 26-10-2011, 18:52

Personal Aire
Yes I purchased a Geist Phantom RG from Birtley about 3 years ago, very good service during the purchase with a good part exchange for my van and the bits I asked for all fitted.

I have used both Birtley and Lincoln for habitaion services (Lincoln is nearer my home, and Lincoln an easier day out) and been impressed with both.

I changed the van last year because my boss said it was yoo big for her to drive, so we changed to our present van which was delivered by Lincoln (eventually -- long story with plaudits to Lincoln).

So I'm impressed by both sites and also impressed by Geist, especially the winterisation of the Phantom,

cheers alan

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 26-10-2011, 19:26

My Motorhome: Swift Bessacarr E460
Send a message via MSN to LadyJ Send a message via Yahoo to LadyJ Send a message via Skype™ to LadyJ
Hi blondel

No idea re Camper UK but they seem a nice bunch when ive chatted to them at the shows.

As to Geist am not terribly impressed with ours (Geist Phantom RL) to be honest its the dearest van we have had and we have had quite a few faults with it.

Outside locker fell off ,catches on cupboards not holding, skylight leaking, and the most awful draft coming from cooker and fridge, this mainly due to NO insulation behind them.

Drives very well though Merc auto and we get about 25 to 27mpg towing a car that's keeping below 60 though.

Payload is good

Would we buy another Geist that is debatable.

Jacquie

Jacquie & John
The social Butterflies flitting from place to place with 3 Yorkie terrorists & a Jack Russell
http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m...johns-dogs.jpg
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 26-10-2011, 19:53

Have not owned a Geist, but had a good look at them at the NEC, the build quality seemed very good, but were a little pricey for what they were, also, didnt have a layout that we could buy. I seem to recall that they were also badged as Geist TEC.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 26-10-2011, 20:09

We owned a Geist caravan prior to motorhome. The quality and finish were brilliant. a pity about the service from local caravan dealer.

Geist are specifically made for the uk market. Originally english company but made in Germany
dave p

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 26-10-2011, 20:24

My Motorhome: Carthago 148h
We have the Geist 633, purchased from Camper UK Lincoln .The layout is more or less what we want, winterisation is excellent and build quality has been above average.We have had some teething problems mainly with the Dometic toilet and a couple of cosmetic problems which were rectified.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 26-10-2011, 21:01

We have a Geist Phantom GL and we find it fantastic. It has a good payload, large garage, luxury build with quality fittings. It's German quality with a Mercedes engine, what more could you want.

bigfrank3
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 26-10-2011, 21:46

I have just sold my Geist phantom RL after four and a half years and many thousands of trouble free miles (Spain& Purtugal 3 times)
I,d like to address some of the above points, 1 the outside locker and lift up flaps over the rear wheels need regular doses of wd40 on the hinges otherwise they will seize up
.2 the kitchen overhead lockers are push to open push to close, hinged at the bottom, the door is too heavy for the hinge and the hinges bend over time, then when you go over a bump the door drops open. I bought some brushed aluminium knobs that exactly matched the rest of the handles fitted them and push to lock pull to open catches which worked perfectly for less than £10.00
3The majority of the draught in the kitchen comes through the oven vent and the open vent on the back of the worktop using the winter covers on the vents helps significantly.
We sold reluctantly because of health reasons, we listed it on e bay and sold within 2 days for just short of the asking price. i had it four and a half years and lost under 8K in depreciation, we would buy another tomorrow.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 27-10-2011, 16:14 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: LMC
Personal Aire
Thanks for the info everyone. Bit worried about some of the comments about Geist but overall the van (actually LMC Breezer v 643 G) which we are told is also Geist, does suit us. The other one we seriously considered was the Burstner travel van, but the Breezer has a better payload and we need to carry an electric wheelchair. Hobby van was good but not using the Fiat now and we need an auto.
Comments about Camper uk/ne all seem positive so we have ordered one but have to wait until next spring which will be the hard bit.
Thanks again everyone
Pat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page