Help needed about pully cord. - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 16:33 Thread Starter

Help needed about pully cord.

Can anyone help we have recently acquired a Geist Phantom and there is a pully cord on a panel with a piece of string which when pulled does something, but what. Just behind the panel is the water tank, this tank we have to pull the plug inside to empty it. The cord goes under the water tank and my first thought is that its an additional safety in support of the plug inside the tank. However with the plug out of the bottom of the tank its a clear hole to the outside pulling and releasing the cord against the spring doesn't alter the size of the hole
I have attached a photo in the that hope that someone can tell me what it is for
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plug_871.jpg (103.8 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 17:14

My Motorhome: Hymer B504 on Ducato 2.8jtd
Personal Aire
Hi,

The cord operates a shut off flap in the ducting to isolate part of your blown air system.

pete
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 17:29 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peejay
Hi,

The cord operates a shut off flap in the ducting to isolate part of your blown air system.

pete
Thanks pete we thought it had something to do with the water LOL!. There is nothing to say what it is for in any of our manuals. What an odd way to isolate the blown air, it did stick open a few times while pulling it and its in an area where you can't get at it unless you remove the water tank, so we will leave alone.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 17:33

Quote:
What an odd way to isolate the blown air, it did stick open a few times while pulling it and its in an area where you can't get at it unless you remove the water tank, so we will leave alone.
Not 100% sure, but my buddy has a similar "pull cord" on his MH - it's to open up the blown air heating flap allowing warm air to circulate around the waste tank to prevent it freezing.

Keith S
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 14-01-2009, 19:39
GMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprokit
Quote:
What an odd way to isolate the blown air, it did stick open a few times while pulling it and its in an area where you can't get at it unless you remove the water tank, so we will leave alone.
Not 100% sure, but my buddy has a similar "pull cord" on his MH - it's to open up the blown air heating flap allowing warm air to circulate around the waste tank to prevent it freezing.

Keith S
This pull cord does the same thing but for the fresh water tank, me & wifey pondered for hours about it's use & then it came to me in a flash of inspiration! OK so I e-mailed Geist :P

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page