New to us Adria Twin SP. Alloy Wheels ? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 11:27

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
You're absolutely right re Cars Geoff, and bikes of course, the unsprung weight thing is a great positive, but I think the suspension itself can be lightened too, removing even more weight.

Most trucks these days that carry weight such as bulk carriers have alloy wheels but this is to save overall weight, I don't think they worry about looks or handling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 30-10-2019, 13:22

My Motorhome: I drive...
Well, we've got the Twin 600 SP and its brilliant. Its a 2016 with 13k miles one owner and pretty much mint condition. I think we've got lucky and bought it well but it took some searching and bargaining .Quite a step up from our history with multiple VW vans. The alloys look great and were a relatively cheap change as we stayed with the 15 inch size swapping on the original tyres. We've ordered the new Kenwood Android type double din Stereo / Nav/ Rear View Camera system for Friday this week. Its having a set of Thule Roof rails and a high rack mid month and the solar / TV guys are checking it all out tonite.
We've been looking at the Avtex pro TV or the Apple TV but think the Avtex will be better in the real world as long as we can use an adaptor to get internet based TV to supplement the digital free stuff.
Some little tweaks to do to add 12v outlets for my extra portable Dometic compressor fridge inside and out and some extract fans to help the Thetford absorption type fridge when its hot. We also need a couple of USB points in the bed area for charging all the tech stuff we seem to have.Got to get a new gas supply pipe and connection for the CADAC rather than my old close coupled bottle.
I have also bought an awning wind break panel and end panel together with a centre brace and tie downs for windy days, drew the line at the Thule telescopic ladder ...going to use a e bay sourced 2.3 meter one with a simple magnetic support I can easily engineer at 1/3 of the cost all in ....
So happy with it .
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 30-10-2019, 13:42

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplus View Post
hi and welcome

the light chassis will have !5" wheels the heavy or maxi will have 16" wheels

15" will be 215/15 tyres and the 16" will be 225/16" and normally will be over 3.5t

not sure about the bolt pattern but the wheel supplier should know that

barry
In 2014 Fiat introduced 16" wheels with 5x118 spacing as an option on the Light Chassis [as opposed to the Heavy chassis which has 5x130 spacing].
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0544.JPG (552.8 KB, 1 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page