Headlight adjustment - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 23:33 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Headlight adjustment

Looking to purchase my first MH and Carthago top of the list at the moment. Particularly keen on the c-tourer model and wondering if it's easy enough to adjust the headlights for UK and then Continental travel or will I need to acquire a family pack of the usual stickers to use each time I cross the channel? Have only viewed Hymer so far (Carthago dealership is a bit further from home) which is also Fiat Ducato based and it was do-able so assume Carthago is the same although just in case the different body work and possible engine access makes a difference I'd appreciate any existing c-tourer owners advising whether they manage it easily.
On a second issue - I was reading with interest an article on this forum about air suspension. Didn't see this as an option on the Carthago website so did all who have this have it fitted as an after market item or am I missing something on the website?
The Following User Says Thank You to RonnieA For This Useful Post:
daveil (18-08-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 19:00

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Hi Ronnie, welcome to the forum.

A Carthago, eh? Good taste! Mind you, the Carthagos I've seen have all been rather too big for me - I prefer to be able to park in smaller spaces.

I previously had a LHD TEC with European - set headlamps. I used headlamp protectors with duct tape on to mask the lift in the beam when I was in the UK. We did most of our travelling on the continent so left the beams as they were.

We had air-ride fitted (after-market) to that van - not sure if it's ever offered as a buyer's option.

Jean
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 19:21

Ronnie A- think you would have to give a bit more detail ie model and year , as with most MH's headlight design has changed through the years.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 20:15 Thread Starter

Hadn't thought of that Gretchibald. Likely to be new and either the c-tourer I 138 or 142QB.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 21:59

Envious, a new Cathago , would love one. As you have probably noticed the headlights are different on both , can't really help with the original question , suppose the dealer will know, I would guess though that beam benders can be applied to the C class and the A class has the little round Hella lamps like those on Hymers or my own which can be rotated via three adjustment screws on the back - not that handy to do though.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 17-08-2018, 17:13 Thread Starter

Thanks all. Very helpful even if just a pointer to add to the list of questions when I view vans.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page