Paddler's Meet - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 12:54 Thread Starter

Paddler's Meet

Another thread that's running on here about canoes/kayaks has got me thinking.....

Anyone fancy an informal 'paddler's meet'? All canoeists, kayakers, paddleboarders, boaters etc welcome!

As a starter for ten, I'm thinking Milarrochy Bay C&CC site at Loch Lomond might be suitable; You can launch direct from the campsite (about 10 feet from your van in some cases). It's free to launch kayaks, inflatables and the like. There is a charge to use their boat ramp though if you're launching your boat.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub...ge=search.aspx

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Dates, potential venues etc?
I'm thinkg some weekend from mid September to mid October.

Of course anyone who doesn't have watercraft would be more than welcome to come along too. And it goes without saying that all water based activity is done at your own risk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 13:01

This sounds like a damned good idea!

We wouldn't be able to make Sept / Oct this year, but I'd definitely think about next year. All I have to do is to work out how to get the thing on the roof. Either that, or buy an inflatable

Gerald

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 13:14

My Motorhome: Rapido 7090
Personal Aire
That's a good idea, though it's a long way from Cornwall! We will probably going to Ireland about then but could head that way instead.

We have our own kayaks (obviously!) but is there anywhere to hire canoes and kayaks on the loch for those without them?

Canoe & Kayak manufacturer/retailer

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 13:28

Paddlers meet

We'd be up for it
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 13:37

I would as well dates would be a big thing but would love to take a few "me days" l will know more about dates l will be available on saturday if that is ok.
I am possibly taking a 7on 7off job

Brian l love you for eternity you are my rock and my life there will never be anyone like you or who could take your place.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 13:55

Re: Paddler's Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezbez
Another thread that's running on here about canoes/kayaks has got me thinking.....

Anyone fancy an informal 'paddler's meet'? All canoeists, kayakers, paddleboarders, boaters etc welcome!

As a starter for ten, I'm thinking Milarrochy Bay C&CC site at Loch Lomond might be suitable; You can launch direct from the campsite (about 10 feet from your van in some cases). It's free to launch kayaks, inflatables and the like. There is a charge to use their boat ramp though if you're launching your boat.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub...ge=search.aspx

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Dates, potential venues etc?
I'm thinkg some weekend from mid September to mid October.

Of course anyone who doesn't have watercraft would be more than welcome to come along too. And it goes without saying that all water based activity is done at your own risk.
Great idea

Sadly for me it's too far to come, plus I just can't seem to find a way to transport my Canadian or singles?

But for anyone that attends, I hope you all have a great time

Mark
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 13:58 Thread Starter

Looks like there may some interest in this type of meet.

If we can get enough (maybe 3 or 4?) to make it worthwhile we could do a meet Sept/Oct time this year (appreciate it's quite short notice).

Other than that, next year would be fine too - may give people a bit more time to plan.

Not sure if anyone does hires on the Loch, but I believe TISO in Glasgow hire out canoes/kayaks for the weekend.
They are just off the M8, which is en route to Loch Lomond (depending of course on which direction you're coming from);

http://www.tiso.com/content/tiso/doc...0for%20web.pdf
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 14:22

i have just googled"where to hire kayaks in loch lomond" a few options came up.going to france 15 sept fo 3 weeks so if its not on these dates its a poss. for us.there is always the cc campsite near oban and there is a good kayak shop in oban who hires out
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 18:48

Good idea,

Shame my canoes are too long for my van, does anyone want to swap some slalom canoes for some bath trainers?
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 18:58

I was told that some people open the back window and slide their equipment in there could be a plan for those with long ones? Course width may still be a problem.

Brian l love you for eternity you are my rock and my life there will never be anyone like you or who could take your place.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page