Forum rules and etiquette - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 18-03-2004, 11:40 Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
Forum rules and etiquette

In any social interaction, especially online the following rules of etiquette will lead to a more enjoyable and efficient message means.

There is a nickname for this when used online, "Netiquette!"

Remember the people on the Forum are real humans with real feelings!
Even though you are using a computer to communicate, don't forget that other people are on the receiving end. Avoid personal attacks. Don't post in haste try not to say anything to others that you would not say to them in a room full of people. Remember that you are playing an important role in building our online community and we all want this community to be an informative, fun and friendly place.

Be Brief
Most people who come to this forum do not have time to read long messages and will end up scanning through long posts. Choose your words carefully to get your question or message across.

Your message reflects on you
Your posts reflect on your personality and allow others to know who you are. What you say and how you say it will help you get the assistance you need. Take time to post your message making sure that you will be clearly understood.

Use descriptive Subject headings in your posts
The subject line of your message is there to tell people what your message is about; it helps them to decide whether or not they want to read it. So, use the subject line.

Stay on topic
Post your messages in the appropriate Thread. By reading a number of the messages before posting one yourself, you will be able to get a sense of the ongoing themes of discussion in that thread.

Be careful when using humor
Remember that what you type in a post may not always be interpreted the same way. Some people may be easily offended by wise-cracks. Use emoticons to convey the sense of humor. No ethnic, racial, sexist or otherwise offensive humour will be tolerated.

Do not quote the entire message you are replying to.
Summarize your posts by using selected sentences or quotes from a previous post you are responding to. This will help keep forum messages brief, to the point and easy to read and understand.

Show your appreciation!
If you receive responses to your question, give back and let people know you appreciate their help. Likewise, be a "giver" as well as a "taker" in this online community. If you have good and valuable information to share, please do so in the appropriate thread or start a new one if needed.

Cite appropriate references
If you are using facts to support a post you make, state where they came from. This will help others know where to go for follow-up. Give credit where credit is due.

DO NOT POST A MESSAGE IN ALL CAPS!
This is considered shouting. If you feel the need to emphasize something use caps on certain words or use *asterisks* to surround your message. This will get your point across politely.

Removal of Messages
The forum administrators reserve the right to remove any post that does not adhere to the purpose of the Motorhomefacts website. This includes but is not limited to messages that contains bad language, accusations, inappropriate images, blatant advertising or other information which is not permitted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 21-12-2004, 17:11
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.

My Motorhome: Autocruise Starburst
Personal Aire
Hi all

I cannot believe that Nuke's thread has had only 161 views since March 2004, there are now 4329 members and only 161 of them have read this sticky post.

Anyway my reply will push it into todays list and maybe someone else can keep it there.

If you would like to enjoy a jokey look at Forum etiquette then click on the link below (it may take a while for those on dial up, but very funny):

WARNING! Contains some naughty words which we've all heard before.

http://uploads.ungrounded.net/188000/188612_Posting.swf <<<click here...turn up your volume its a flash movie!

Mike

Mike
When confronted by a problem, you can solve it easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger have handled this?"
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 22-12-2004, 15:41

Hi Mike

Just watched the posting thingy.....very good, don't know where you find them all. Actually it's the first time I've read this sticky!!!

Won't be reading anything on this site now for a couple of weeks, off in a few minutes time..Yippee

Merry whatsit ....sugarplum

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 00:43

Personal Aire
Hi all

As we seem to have another thousand or so new members I thought it time to push this thread back into todays posts ..........

Mike

Mike
When confronted by a problem, you can solve it easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger have handled this?"
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 01:15

Like Sugarplum this is the first time I have seen it, don't know how I missed it.
I normally just look at "last posts since......."

Cheers Sid
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 06:34

If these points were the ten commandants...I'm doomed to fire and damnation .

We need a site priest where sins can be attoned...
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 07:31

Bless you my child [-o<
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 07:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOggies
Bless you my child [-o<
Thank you father cos I have sinned. I will say ten Halle Berrys.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 07:51

I would love 1 Halle Berry, but don't tell the wife

oops, looks like we are straying off the thread
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 11:55

Personal Aire
Re: Forum rules and etiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeadmin

Your message reflects on you
Your posts reflect on your personality and allow others to know who you are. What you say and how you say it will help you get the assistance you need. Take time to post your message making sure that you will be clearly understood.
Hi all

Just bumping this to the top, but also pointing out this quote which, I think, is to my mind is most important. I have formed a picture in my mind of most of the regulars on the forum, no doubt you will have too. There are the funny, the fainthearted, the unsure, the assertive, the inspirational, the argumentative, the comfrontational and the downright rude.

How do you think you come over to your readers

Mike

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page