Knaus Sun Ti 650MF Faulty Freshwater Tank level indicator - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes
  • 3 Post By palough
  • 1 Post By jiwawa

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 21-02-2011, 20:40 Thread Starter

Knaus Sun Ti 650MF Faulty Freshwater Tank level indicator

I've also posted this to the Knaus Owners web site, but am duplicating it here for the benefit of anyone else who has had the same problem.

My Fresh Water gauge stopped working. When you pressed the button to display the water level, it just lit all the LEDs as if it were completely full (which it wasn't).

I ordered a replacement tank sender unit from Knaus Tabbert, but they would only ship to an authorised dealer. After emailing a couple of likely dealers, I got the most enthusiastic response from Peter Doherty in the parts department of Donaghey Motorhomes in Letterkenny. County Donegal in the Republic of Ireland.

Delivery took quite a while, as it had to go via Ireland - I ordered it on Friday 21st Jan, and it Arrived today (21st Feb), so a calendar month.

And I'm very pleased to be able to report that it has fixed the problem!

The replacement sender has the following numbers on the bag:

Art-Nr.: C41200-21
Benennung: SONDE STUFENLOS 230MM
E20 432 301/230

Total cost was 91 Euros including postage etc.

One slight issue is that the replacement is about 3cm shorter than the faulty sender, so when the tank reads empty there is still a little water left in it. Not a huge issue. I was aware from reading the Calira web site that they came in standard lengths of 260, 350, 400 and 500mm. It might have been possible to cut down a longer one, though I suspect it woulf have needed re-calibrating.

So I suspect I really needed the one with part number E20 432 301/260

Anyway, I'm pleased it fixed my problem, and many thanks to Peter Doherty at Donaghey for facilitating the purchase.

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 14-06-2020, 18:12

My Motorhome: I drive...
the problem with the water sensor lighting all the lights is that the plastic sleeved tube has a crack or broken and has allowed moisture inside.

I purchased a long plastic drinking straw, blocked the bottom end and using a short length of the original sleeve tubing inserted into the top cap, slipped the drinking straw over the outside and attached it with some epoxy to provide a watertight seal.

the water tank level gauge works perfectly once more.
eurajohn, Ozzyjohn and raynipper like this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 16-06-2020, 22:16

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
I'm afraid the OP hasn't been around for some time but I'm sure your solution will be of interest to others.

Welcome to the forum!
raynipper likes this.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page