Knaus Sun Ti - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 22:28 Thread Starter

Knaus Sun Ti

I am thinking of purchasing a 2013 Knaus Sun Ti, not heard much about Knaus, are they a good make?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 06:57

We have an '06 Knaus Sun Ti 650mf on a Renault Master chassis, which won the Motorhome of the Year award when first released. The build quality and winterisation features are excellent, and we think it is superb (though everyone thinks their choice is the best, don't they?).

However, something you need to know: Knaus themselves (who had been caravan manufacturers for years before moving into motorhomes) went bust and, after a period of uncertainty, were bought by Tabbert who are also long-standing German caravan manufacturers. It is felt they expanded too aggressively, setting up dealer networks in the UK etc., and were hit hard by the economic downturn.

Throughout this period it was very difficult to obtain spares and advice.

However, Tabbert have resurrected the Knaus brand, have released a range of new models, and things are now a lot easier.

The Knaus Owners Club www.knausowners.com maintains links with Knaus Tabbert, and is a useful source of Knaus-related expertise and advice.

I don't have any direct experience of the latest Sun Ti range, though they would certainly be on my shortlist if I were to replace our 'van.

As always, it is the internal layout and features that are important. The '06 Sun Ti ticked all our boxes, and we love it.

Morph.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 07:13

We have a 3500kg 08 Sport Ti on a Renault Master. The good points are 500+kg payload, 32mpg, a garage for the bikes, a LV power socket in the bathroom which is handy for charging things and a big skylight over the cab area for when we fit the windscreen cover. Before our last trip to Spain I weighed it fully freighted including fuel, water, bikes and wife and we were 180kg under. However it's a bit short on cupboard space in the living area and compared to perhaps a Hymer of the same vintage the doors are a tad lightweight. Cam belt service last year was about £750 so a bit pricey but it drives well and easily as good as our last VW van.
Hope this helps.
Bd.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 10:28

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF 2007
I too have a Sun Ti 650LF 2007 on Renault Master Chassis. I have been very happy with it though have done a few fixes like all manufacturers have. Have a look at the Knaus Owners club in Morphs link and read through the Discussion Forum and you will get a good idea of other owners queries.

I hadn't heard of Knaus before I bought it either but would be happy to buy another now. I went round their factory in Germany two years ago and watched them being built. Most interesting.

which model is it that you are looking at?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page