Heki rooflight leak - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 13-06-2013, 23:49 Thread Starter

Heki rooflight leak

Have any other Knaus Sun ti owners experienced a leak in the Heki-style rooflight in the middle of the vehicle?

Have had mine resealed a couple of times, but water still getting in when it rains. Having great difficulty tracing a possible source. Only happens when it is slightly nose down, and water pools at the front of the roof.

Cheers - Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 14-06-2013, 15:54

To reseal it properly you will have to remove it and reseal, article in June MMM on how to do it.
Regards John.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 14-06-2013, 16:37

Personal Aire
If you have already removed it as suggested and re-sealed it, or had it re-sealed, the problem could be elsewhere and the water travels to a point it can escape.

Alan

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-07-2013, 13:29

We had a slight leak a couple of weeks back, parked slightly nose-down. It was raining hard AND blowing a gale. We had a small amount of water drip through the headlining above the cab in the corner close to the large overcab window.

It could have come in anywhere above the headlining, it just managed to pool in the corner that was lowest.

We do get water pooling on the roof, but it doesn't seem to leak. It appears to be the combination of heavy rain AND wind that has forced the rain in somewhere.

My suspicion (as yet unproven) is that it wasn't actually anything to do with the Heki, as that appears to have been taken out and re-sealed by the previous owner, but instead is something to do with the plate where the roof bars attach to the overcab.

Has anyone removed the headlining from a Knaus Sun Ti? Is it just held in place with velcro?

Morph.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-07-2013, 23:05 Thread Starter

I have now tracked down my leak to the Heki and have had to have it replaced. When water pooled at the front, it was leaking in through the hinges and collecting between the ceiling and the rooflight. It looked as though it had not been correctly fitted as the front clips were missing, causing it to bow. Motorhome Depot in Redditch did a great job tracking it down and repairing.

Cheers Tim
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-07-2013, 23:08 Thread Starter

I have now tracked down my leak to the Heki and have had to have it replaced. When water pooled at the front, it was leaking in through the hinges and collecting between the ceiling and the rooflight. It looked as though it had not been correctly fitted as the front clips were missing, causing it to bow. Motorhome Depot in Redditch did a great job tracking it down and repairing.

Cheers Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page