RAL number for Frankia white - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2021, 16:58 Thread Starter

RAL number for Frankia white

I'm guessing that my van won't see its annual outing to Greece this year so I have decided to do some work reviving the paint where it has deteriorated. One side, and the rear end, probably had the worst exposure to the sun and wind-whipped dust in Greece has become dull and when you look at it really close up, the paint has myriad tiny "scratches" so fine that they look like they may be from washing when dust/sand has built up. Anyway I have tried a variety of polishes and revivers to no avail as when I use them the fine scratches just seem to become more noticeable, so it is time to reach for the spray gun (when I have bought it!).

Does anyone know the RAL number for Frankia standard white paint? The factory kindly sent me the RAL numbers for the grey corner panels and mudguard trim, but I know how many whites there are and I have no idea how to match colours, so I figured that going back to manufacturers choice would be the best starting point. Given that the van comes on either a Fiat (as mine) or Merc chassis they perhaps chose one of the base colours used by one of those manufacturers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 09:34
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Coach built or PVC?
I don't really think there are any 'standard' colours as they seem to change regularly with new batches and suppliers.
Obviously you have asked Frankia?
Many motor vehicle paint sprayers can now electronically read the specific paint colours on vehicles for a perfect match.
sheds likes this.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.

Last edited by EJB; 02-03-2021 at 09:42.
The Following User Says Thank You to EJB For This Useful Post:
sheds (02-03-2021)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 10:40

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
I seem to remember there being a paint code on one of the plates under the bonnet catch on the base van.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 11:28

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Given the natural fading that all paintwork suffers Ted's right, a good vehicle paint shop can do a colour spectrum analysis test to determine the exact colour mix required to replicate your paint colour now.

Terry

BREXIT built on deceit delivered by liars

The people who passed off a pair of gloves as *two* items of PPE may not be entirely honest.

'Get Brexit Done' anagram - BEING EXTORTED

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
The Following User Says Thank You to dghr272 For This Useful Post:
sheds (02-03-2021)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 12:03

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Even then you will be lucky to get a perfect match, but if it's close you could do a full panel or feather it in on a curve or the like.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
The Following User Says Thank You to erneboy For This Useful Post:
sheds (02-03-2021)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 14:00 Thread Starter

As yet I haven't contacted Frankia but I will. I do seem to remember reading somewhere in the past that the colour was stamped on one of the plates. Its a 2007 A-Class and I intend to spray whole panels myself after dipping a toe in the water by spraying the rear garage door, and then the whole rear end panel.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 14:01 Thread Starter

I seem to remember reading this somewhere too! Thanks
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 14:04 Thread Starter

Thanks Terry - I don't know of any places that offer this service close by, and to make matters more difficult my wife has SORN'd the van until we know our plans
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 18:54

If its anything like mine its the gelcoat that been affected by the sun (and therefore not paint ?) same thing happens to fibreglass boats

Probably a good idea to get someone who works on restoring fibreglass boats to take a look at it
sheds likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2021, 16:40 Thread Starter

I think the construction of the panels is metal sheet sandwich on a hard foam middle layer. I don't think the panels are fibreglass

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page