Frankia Tips - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 17-02-2020, 18:16

I have never bled the air out with the pump running - I just let gravity do it

Neither have i ever had problems bleeding system as there are bleed values at every high point

If you donít have these or donít see them all then yes you would have problems bleeding system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 17-02-2020, 18:20

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
They may have fitted more bleeders since ours was made. God knows it needed them. I'd bought more intending to fit them next time I had to bleed it but then we changed the van.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
The Following User Says Thank You to erneboy For This Useful Post:
sheds (27-02-2020)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 17-02-2020, 18:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheds View Post
Hmmm, used to get my Frankia habitation checked and serviced every year and I assume they bled/topped up the circulating liquid heating. I'm starting to think about getting the van ready for its long trek to S.E Europe. Do you have any info on how to bleed the system?
Be aware that the coolant has a limited life in use after which it looses its anti corrosion properties
( important to retain this corrosion resistance in ALDE aluminium boilers )

Blue change every 2 years

Pink every 5 years
The Following User Says Thank You to trek For This Useful Post:
sheds (27-02-2020)

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 27-02-2020, 17:10

I have googled extensively and been in touch with Alde who want to take 275 from me (plus a lot of diesel to get there) to change the fluid and bleed etc. They won't rent me their special pump as this service is only for Alde agents. Found a guy on youtube who had done the job with a submersible pump form Ebay and a few old plumbing bits to allow him to connect tubing to the pump and into the system at the header tank end. I reckon on being able to do the job for £100 or less and a half to one day day of time because its a bit fiddly
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 27-02-2020, 17:53

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
It can be done without a pump, but it's a bugger.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 27-02-2020, 18:16

Done it several times on my own vehicle and others (I find its a straightforward and easy job)

Just drain it out of the drain point if you have one and then refill dont forget to take filler cap off to allow air into system

You wonít drain complete system this way but you will get a lot of the old fluid out then refill with new mix or flush it out with fresh water before new solution I just let gravity and use all the bleed values do it , then with everything closed run pump for a while then shut it off and re bleed at every point

Will just cost you a couple of litres of COMMA XSTREAM G40 And if you want to be thorough distilled water (Halfords sell both )

Remember there is a one way valve just outside the boiler in same pipe as the brass auto air extractor should you be trying to blow the fluid out
The Following User Says Thank You to trek For This Useful Post:
sheds (28-03-2020)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page