1 year old Hab service costs - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 20-04-2016, 07:49

Our Carthago is due its first habitation and damp check, I have been quoted £380. I have also been told it must be done to keep the warranty.
We are in France at the moment, so will try to get a price from a dealer over here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 20-04-2016, 13:35

Just had our annual habitation check and a full gas service from our local mobile man. He renewed gas pig tails and a light bulbs and it all came to £199. Some may say this is too much, but for us it gives peace of mind and in no way do we want or could do it ourselves.

Our MH is 11 years old now and he has just found a bit of damp around the Air Con machine seal. He's booked to fix it when we return from France (going in a weeks time). Hopefully lots of sun will dry it out before it's re-sealed

Sue

Sue
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 20-04-2016, 16:26
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
Excuse my ignorance on hab checks and warranties but do the same rules not apply as the ones regarding cars and servicing? A few years ago now the whole thing was deregulated so that car owners were not forced to go to dealers for car servicing as long as the services were done with original parts and to service schedules.

Has anyone checked this legislation to see if it has wider reach than just cars? I.e does it cover other vehicles and services?

Just a thought.

Graham

I like to use big words which I don't really understand so it makes me look more photosynthesis!

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 20-04-2016, 17:53

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
That quote is simply OUT BLOODY RAGEOUS !!!!!I THINK you will find that as long as your hab service is "carried out" to the manufacturers specification and any parts used are to the "manufacturers standard" then they CANNOT INSIST on the work being carried out by a Frankia dealer. I am pretty sure this is an EU wide ruling.

Andy
GMJ and GMJ like this.

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, itís in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrplodd For This Useful Post:
GMJ (20-04-2016)
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 20-04-2016, 17:58

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
Here's the thing Andy. They can insist, they may be wrong to do so, but they can and then all you're left with is arguing or legal action.

You probably won't sway them with argument and legal action will take time, meanwhile your warranty may become invalid in Frankia's eyes. Of course you could sue to have that reinstated too.
GMJ and GMJ like this.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 20-04-2016, 18:54

My Motorhome: Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Haven't read all of previous posts... But...
Ours is due - booked in this Fri - had an email da de dah...

However, I called them and asked "exacty" what do I need to do regarding warranty... They said "only a damp check"... And whilst I thought it was still expensive £260 ish.. I said well... That's all I require then... Because I'm quite capable of checking that .... The blinds close... The draws open ... Etc...

It might pay to ask...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page