Female Kestrel in my garden - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 19-02-2016, 21:11 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive a Renault Master SL33 2008 triptronic (Doing conversion)
More images of my female Kestrel

Here are more images of the Kestrel.

The Sparrow Hawk at the beginning of the thread was in my garden so the images are a lot clearer and sharper than the Kestrel.
The kestrel images are over a distance of nearly 400 yards which has my equipment at the edge of taking anything that can be worked with.

I have started using NEF files as well as .JPG's.
The raw files allow me almost 5 times the capture quality of JPG but take a lot of work to get them looking like I have.

The Kestrel images in this thread would only be good upto a print size of 5x7 where as the Sparrow Hawk images will go up to A1.
A3 is what I have printed them out at and they look stunning.
I printed out 2 of the Sparrow Hawk.

The further away the subject, the worse and deprecated the image becomes and there are limits in what I'm doing as the images show here where the actual sharpness declines and noise appears.
I have digitally cropped and enhanced them to give what is a reasonable image to look at on screen, but these Kestrel images are NOT the sort you would dare to display or show on paper.

I will get the Kestrel again one day with a close range lens but until then I will live with just been able to document the bird for everyone's pleasure on here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1883-web.jpg (522.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1884-web.jpg (543.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1885-web.jpg (716.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1972-web.jpg (440.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1973-web.jpg (540.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1974-web.jpg (702.0 KB, 17 views)
jo662 and jo662 like this.

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 19-02-2016, 22:41

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
She is beautiful - so elegant. Thanks for the pics.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiwawa For This Useful Post:
stealthmode (20-02-2016)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 19-02-2016, 22:52

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,074 Times in 933 Posts
Personal Aire
Yes, terrific photos, glad you persisted with them.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
The Following User Says Thank You to barryd For This Useful Post:
stealthmode (20-02-2016)

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 20-02-2016, 08:12 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive a Renault Master SL33 2008 triptronic (Doing conversion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacerunner View Post
Well today Ive had a terrific sighting (s)
Driving in South west Spain I saw a Little Egret, a Cattle Egret and a Great Egret all within 4 hours.
Is this possible? Certain about the Little and Great Egrets but could i have really seen a Cattle Egret in Spain?
I am seeing daily the birds of the UK changing through the seasons and see birds that are still new to me in my lifes experiences so yes I believe you DID see what you thought is a cattle Egret.
I know at present the world weather is a little turned compared to what we remember as children and this is causing a lot of wildlife to react differently than what we have been used to.
Spacerunner and Spacerunner like this.

Robert
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 23-02-2016, 17:04

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmode View Post
I am seeing daily the birds of the UK changing through the seasons and see birds that are still new to me in my lifes experiences so yes I believe you DID see what you thought is a cattle Egret.
I know at present the world weather is a little turned compared to what we remember as children and this is causing a lot of wildlife to react differently than what we have been used to.
you will also see Cattle Egrets in the UK - not in the same numbers as in Spain, but certainly quite often.

if interested, there are a few European birds in the UK this winter which would normally only be seen in summer - a Hoopoe in Northants, and a Glossy Ibis in Sussex (not far from me in fact) which seem to have become winter residents

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 23-02-2016, 17:18

Purple Heron is another one that comes to mind. They reckon it wont be too long before some of these speices like the Cattle Egret and the Purple Heron for example will colonise here.

Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page