Ken Dodd - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 13-03-2018, 11:15

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper Sussex Duo
We went to see him in Skegness 30 years or so ago. We went to a 5pm show, another was due at 8pm. We didn't come out until 8.30 with the 8pm crowd waiting to go in. By the time the theatre emptied and the waiting queue got in, the later show probably didn't start till 9.30, so heaven knows what time that show finished. I just remember crying with laughter all the way through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 13-03-2018, 19:02

My Motorhome: None anymore
Well being from Knotty Ash myself, I met him on many occasions although he was a lot older than me. I did a Fri night / Sat job in Tescos in my early teens in the ‘60s, and when he was home he used to take his old man shopping there. My mother used to work on the till there, and she hated him. Reckoned he was foul mouthed and arrogant ( I just think, in retrospect, he was just a working class Liverpudlian and spoke accordingly......my mother hated bad language!).
It was a little strange to see his old house on the box after he died. My parents place was just around the corner.
I cannot say I ever really liked him much as a comic myself, but the one thing that did impress me was, many years ago, one of the newspapers....I cannot remember which....did a series on “ the expert’s expert” where famous experts in whatever subject spoke of and voted for, their own choice of expert. I remember being surprised that almost to a man , when comedians were discussed , other contemporary comedians voted him No 1. Not too bad a legacy I would think.
Garcia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page