2Likes
  • 2 Post By suedew
  • 2 Post By MHFAdmin

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 14-02-2017, 16:19 Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to suedew
SidT RIP

posting as requested

It is with great sadness that I have to break the news of Sid's passing. Sid's Daughter Lorraine has emailed me this morning.

John Sidney Thomas, husband to Shirley and Father of Lorraine and Graham passed away in Arrow Park Hospital on the Wirral in the early hours of this morning.

Sid had been poorly for a while and they had kept the motorhome on the drive in hope. But after a stroke and some falls, the most recent breaking his hip. He then contracted pneumonia and despite a change of medication, it seems he was to week to fight it.

My wife has spoken with Shirley briefly this morning on the telephone. I doubt it has sunken in yet.

know as "Sid" and was a great fan of motorhomefacts, where I can no longer make any posts. I would be grateful if anyone who is still a member on MHF could pass on the news.

We had many happy get togethers with Sid & Shirl. In the UK and abroad and very often they came over for dinner and had some great times. We had not seen them since last year when we visited last. Sid will be missed greatly by us both.

If you wish to send a card to the Family, have lost contact details and wish to be kept informed. Please send me a private message and I will reply when I know more.

Remember him from the 'old days'
LadyJ and LadyJ like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suedew For This Useful Post:
tessajoe (16-02-2017), vicdicdoc (15-02-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 14-02-2017, 16:47

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Thanks for that information , we knew Sid well and are very sad to hear the news.
Please relay our sincere condolences to Shirley and their family.

Sid and Shirley were long term disciples of "old school" motorhoming and many other motorhomers will want to send condolences to Shirley.
Sid was a member of MHF from the very early days and was a strong supporter of MHF rallies so many members of the forum will remember him from way back, even though he hasn't been active for a year or two due to ill health.
I can remember a few years ago that Sid had booked to attend the Amboise band contest rally but had recently suffered some damage to his motorhome which was in the garage being repaired. Most members would have abandoned the rally but not Sid, he just dug out his old frame tent and turned up anyway in the car.

There may well be some members who would like to send flowers or even attend the funeral if possible so it would be much appreciated if you could ask Shirley to let us have details once arrangements have been made (if she has no objection of course).

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 14-02-2017, 17:43 Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to suedew
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspode View Post
Thanks for that information , we knew Sid well and are very sad to hear the news.
Please relay our sincere condolences to Shirley and their family.

Sid and Shirley were long term disciples of "old school" motorhoming and many other motorhomers will want to send condolences to Shirley.
Sid was a member of MHF from the very early days and was a strong supporter of MHF rallies so many members of the forum will remember him from way back, even though he hasn't been active for a year or two due to ill health.
I can remember a few years ago that Sid had booked to attend the Amboise band contest rally but had recently suffered some damage to his motorhome which was in the garage being repaired. Most members would have abandoned the rally but not Sid, he just dug out his old frame tent and turned up anyway in the car.

There may well be some members who would like to send flowers or even attend the funeral if possible so it would be much appreciated if you could ask Shirley to let us have details once arrangements have been made (if she has no objection of course).
Not sure how to co-ordinate between the 2 sites will have a think
Sue

Last edited by MHFAdmin; 14-02-2017 at 18:56.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 14-02-2017, 18:58

Personal Aire
If Shirley or another of Sid's family want to post anything here send me a PM and I'll try to set up an account for them to do so.
HermanHymer and HermanHymer like this.

MHFadmin is the identity used by the UK based admin staff.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MHFAdmin For This Useful Post:
cabby (14-02-2017), emjaiuk (17-02-2017), suedew (14-02-2017)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 15-02-2017, 00:35

My Motorhome: Burstner A747
RIP Sid

You be sadly missed

Frank
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 15-02-2017, 18:50

My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Send a message via MSN to LadyJ Send a message via Yahoo to LadyJ Send a message via Skype™ to LadyJ
Really sorry to hear of Sid's passing Sue, as Ken says he was one of our oldest rally member
and we had a good few laughs with him over the years. Please pass on our condolences to Shirley.

Jac & John

Jacquie & John
The social Butterflies flitting from place to place with 3 Yorkie terrorists & a Jack Russell
http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m...johns-dogs.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page