Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Motorhome Storage (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/69-motorhome-storage/)
-   -   Barcelona airport motorhome parking or storage (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/69-motorhome-storage/232210-barcelona-airport-motorhome-parking-storage.html)

Ehawks 06-06-2018 11:36

Barcelona airport motorhome parking or storage

Hi all, new to the forum so apologies for any duplicates of messages. I know this topic has been discussed previously but looking for any more up to date info pls.

Looking for secure storage or airport parking in Barcelona for our motorhome from 11th June to 20th June. Dimensions are 6.5m (length) by 2.33m (width) by 3m (height).
Flight is fixed so can’t change location.

Have read a few other posts with suggestions of caravan Center and caravan inn just north of Girona but both of these are a bit of a trek outside of Barcelona. I’ve emailed them for quotes though as a back up option.

Seem to have issues getting responses from Barcelona airport parking companies on whether they accept motorhomes.

Any help greatly appreciated.

dghr272 06-06-2018 12:05

Worth contacting the site mentioned in this post.

https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/69-...ml#post2347761

We are currently further south in Torredembarra, to give you an idea trains run hourly and take approx an hour from here to get to Barcelona Saints station, from there a train shuttle runs every 20 mins direct to the airport.

Terry

dghr272 06-06-2018 12:27

Just spoke to Juan who runs our site, he says there are a few he is aware of that deliver stored caravans to his site for clients, he's going to list a few options for you. I'll post these when I get them.

BTW welcome to MHF.

One issue that always raises its head in such situations is your insurance cover, it's worth checking out.

Terry

MyGalSal 06-06-2018 13:10

I am staying at Vilanova Park and they do do caravan storage but I donít know if they offer it to non-campers. Tel no is +34 938 933 402. All people in Reception speak English and are very helpful. The bus from the site direct to the airport runs weekends only, however, there is a wee local bus from the site to the bus station in Vilanova where you can pick up regular and frequent buses to airport.

I have seen a caravan dealers on the C31 fairly close to airport and they look as though they do storage. I donít know their name but will try and find out.

MyGalSal 06-06-2018 13:18

Iíve just googled Vildecans - a town close to the airport and several caravan places popped up. www.nauticaravan.es offer English on their website and offer storage. Donít know if they do short-term. Camper Catalunya is another. If you google Ďcaravan dealers in Vildecansí you will be able to check better for yourself.

Good luck - and welcome to MHF.

MyGalSal 06-06-2018 13:21

BTW I have never heard of anyone parking their motorhome at the airport. Would think that could be fairly dodgy.

Ehawks 06-06-2018 13:44

Thanks so much for all of your responses. I’ve emailed Vilanova campsite and also Nauti caravan in Viladecans so hopefully one of these more local options will work out.

If I don’t hear back I’ll give them a call. Really appreciate the suggestions 🙂

dghr272 06-06-2018 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ehawks (Post 2954098)
Thanks so much for all of your responses. Iíve emailed Vilanova campsite and also Nauti caravan in Viladecans so hopefully one of these more local options will work out.

If I donít hear back Iíll give them a call. Really appreciate the suggestions 🙂

You're very welcome, please let us know how you get on as the feedback could help others.

Good luck.

Terry

dghr272 07-06-2018 11:56

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dghr272 (Post 2954026)
Just spoke to Juan who runs our site, he says there are a few he is aware of that deliver stored caravans to his site for clients, he's going to list a few options for you. I'll post these when I get them.

BTW welcome to MHF.

One issue that always raises its head in such situations is your insurance cover, it's worth checking out.

Terry

As promised in case you can't get sorted at Villanova Park and others mentioned, a few other potential options.

Terry

MyGalSal 07-06-2018 19:02

They look great Terry. And itís an easy and fairly short journey to the airport.